Thread: Meopta 6.5x32 binoculars

Meopta 6.5x32 binoculars

A friend's wife asked me to help her pick out a Christmas gift for him, so we went to a local hunting and fishing store, where we found these Meopta MeoStar 6.5x32mm binoculars on sale for $249.00. They will fit into a jacket pocket, yet seem to be really as nice as their $800.00 larger binos. The weather was foggy and raining, so although we took them outside the store, for a look around, we really could not see much beyond 200 yards. I like the eyecups and the focusing.

He and I are going hunting this weekend, so I will get to compare them in the field.

I was looking at 30-32mm binos at the last gun show. They might be just the thing for daytime hill stalking. Meopta has very good glass.

Yes, Meopta is good stuff. These 6.5x32s focus very close, so they would be the ticket for close watching of forest birds and butterflies. The focusing was very good for me - not too quick, not too slow. I also liked the built in objective lense caps.

I had recently looked at some impressive Vortex Diamondback 8x32 on sale for $150.00, but took a chance and ordered some Celestron 8x32s on sale for $100.00, after reading several tests on birding and binocular sites where they beat everything outside the $800 Zeiss / Swaro / Leica class. They have arrived, but the weather has been dreadful, and I have not gotten to use them, except at 4:00 AM, when the sky was totally clear, and I looked at the stars and planets. Light gathering on a very dark night was good, enabling me to see lots of details on trees and a herd of cattle about 400 yards away. They do fit into the pockets of all the coats and jackets I wear hunting, even in the cargo pockets of trousers, which is what I wanted.