Buzzards.

Yip, every shoot can handle the odd pair but it's now twenty pairs. It's a pity Mr Charlie hasn't aquired a taste for them.

Surprised there's any buzzards left, what with all the evil lead being thrown around and poisoning everything.

Wolfie

Last edited:
IMHO individuals in NE have wilfully acted in an unlawful manner for personal reasons and should be therefore be prosecuted in the public interest to ensure that all other public servants realise that they have a legal and moral responsibility to act in a professional manner. I can think of no reason why they should be above the law.

IMHO individuals in NE have wilfully acted in an unlawful manner for personal reasons and should be therefore be prosecuted in the public interest to ensure that all other public servants realise that they have a legal and moral responsibility to act in a professional manner. I can think of no reason why they should be above the law.

I very much agree and it should happen but will it ? All shooting organistaions should now come together to call for dismissals at NE - it wont happen.
Sad that the government and MP's dont want to get in there and sort them out - surely only the government governs ?

Rumour has it SNH are seriously reconsidering introducing licencing to control Buzzards. I think the video captured last year of a buzzard taking an osprey chick changed a few attitudes

I wonder if he will be looking out his secret stash of banned poisons for the job?

http://www.thejournal.co.uk/news/north-east-news/gamekeepers-poison-panic-4518426

So, where do all these go ?

Natural England grants about 10,000 licences each year to control protected species, but it has never permitted a gamekeeper to control even one buzzard

That should help our cause Mickeydredd? Can I ask what your objectives were when you posted that?

So, where do all these go ?

Not sure with NE and would depend which year those figures are from but special licenses granted for anything not on the GL, Would imagine mainly Cormarants, Gossanders/Mergansers possibly even some seagulls, or geese sp depending (in past canadas now on GL and more recently Greylag and mallard nest destruction only) until recently paraketes? too
Bsically any bird that u can argue for air craft safety, environmental health etc, same as GL rules but for that specific circumstance. In theory it should apply to any bird species if u can argue/prove ur case

The licence has always existed in both scotland and england just never been granted, Alex Hogg from SGA has been trying for years to get 1.
Does make a mockery of whole licensing thing ment to be around 3-5 times as many buzzards as Cormarants yet they give u a licence for the latter no problem ever year

I said at the time and always thought he was as strange choice in such an important landmark case, thought it would be really held against him. But fair play to the NGO for backing him but i still think it was a big gamble to use someone not whiter than white

Last edited:
Back