Mauser M12 extreme

norma 308

Anyone got the above please gunshop reopens next tues and it looks like I'll order one in 308 is it easy to fit bipod stud in the synthetic and what mounts would you recommend .thankyou happy Xmas
norma

the ones that came with this were Mak, not the best. I would get a rail and some good QR mounts. M12 30-06

looks like another unpopular choice I'm making then i could get a blazer tikka or a sako but is always liked something a bit different .never had a picatinny rail on a rifle but they look like a popular choice for this model ,I did look at the mak mount .
thanks any way
norma

I've never used an M12 but I do own an M03 I don't think you would be disappointed with Mauser quality and they are really nice feeling stock with the rubber inserts

S&B.jpgMauser.jpg

I just got one in 6.5x55 and I love it. It replaces a Sauer 202 in the same calibre and is much lighter, more rugged and just as accurate. I bought it second-hand on the site and it came already fitted with the bipod stud. Great safety, 5+1 capacity (Sauer was 3+1) and very well built with a longer comb length. The stock is very well made and no flexing of the fore end.

It came with recknagel bases so I got a pair of rings from Alan Rhone (9.5mm) to match. The bases are 5mm high. Was considering a picatinny rail, which are 6mm high. I might still do that as it will allow me to mount the scope using their lower 6mm rings. I do like a low mounted scope. I have a S&B Zenith 3-12x50 on at the moment and have maybe 2/3mm clearance due to the ocular bell shape.

All in all, a great rifle. Some people will moan about the fact it can't be re-barrelled but frankly, I doubt I'll ever have the need, and if I do it'll be so far down the line that I'll most probably be replacing it for a newer model.

See attached pictures of the scope and mounts. Couldn't recommend Alan Rhone any higher, I emailed before ordering and he was very helpful with ensuring I ordered the right height rings and clarifying the choices/options, without leading me one way or the other, particularly with regards to cost. The mounts were just over £100. I think the bases for the Mauser are £20 odd for two Weaver (Recknagel) or just around £50 odd for a picatinny rail (Recknagel). The rail will allow you to use different rings including Contessa, which are meant to be pretty good. Recknagel do a QD one, same price. I went for a fixed tri-nut ones as I had Apel swing-off on my Sauer and had no real use for them. Each their own. Good luck, you won't regret it. I bought it as I like something a bit different and while it is upsetting for the purists, sharing barrels between Sauer, Mauser and Blaser has to be a good thing.

most helpful thankyou I'm going to try one on Tuesday and have heard good things about the Alan Rhône stuff
cheers
Norma

Hi
liked the impact and the extreme very nice action and roll safe .
in the end went impact it's fluted coated barrel and had the bipod stud fitted already .bradshaws nr oundle good to deal with to .next question ......scope nice vari s/bender in there
norma

Fantastic. That Impact does look good, looking forward to some pictures. I have a variable S&B on mine, 3-12x50 Zenith, lovely. Wouldn't go bigger on the objective. The Polar looks good if you have unlimited funds and don't mind the 34mm tube. Glass on S&B is always very good and Zenith are FFP reticles, which I like. The flash-dot illumination is great and the service is second to none. Got mine second-hand, emailed S&B about new turret caps and o-rings to spruce it up and within a week it was delivered free of charge. I'm sure all the big brands and lesser brands are similar but if you want a S&B, it'll match the rifle and you won't be disappointed.

the ones that came with this were Mak, not the best. I would get a rail and some good QR mounts. M12 30-06

ive witnessed what this Mauser can achieve and its constantly clover leafing at 100 yds , and if I'm not mistaken this rifle grassed muntjac, fallow and a fox all text book heart shots
My next variation is going in for a 30.06 soon and a Mauser or a merkel is on the cards( wife permitting lol)
atb

kjf

Last edited:
Back