Thread: Taking DSC1 in Lancashire '16

Taking DSC1 in Lancashire '16

Hi. Hope you are all well.

I am new to stalking and the site and will be taking my DSC1 in April '16. Joined to respond to the classifieds and to see if I can get out stalking with anyone once I am qualified.

Living in Lancashire and hoping to find some land to stalk down the line, once I am experienced enough in deer management.

I am a very outdoorsy person and I enjoy canoeing, hiking, trail/fell running, bird/animal watching and bushcraft. I get into the hills every weekend. Otherwise it's all about the coffee, beers, single malts and blended whiskies.

I'll get quite active in a few months when i'll be in the market for a tikka t3 .243, probably a north star mod, and a Schmidt & B 6x42/7x50.

Welcome to the forum, you dont have to wait to get out stalking, you can get paid stalkiing on here with the rifle supplied

Welcome to the site. As above, no need to wait for the level 1 to start stalking as you can often use an estate rifle. Have you applied for your Fac? Presumably you are doing the DSC with the BDS at Nether Kellet. You will have two excellent tutors for the course and I am sure you will enjoy it.

Thanks for the welcome. I'm in no rush to get out stalking, I'm happy to wait and get more educated first. BDS yeah, I thought it was better to do the full course in person and maybe make some contacts. No FAC as of yet, I want the DSC1 on the application. And I still need to do all my shopping, gun locker and the works.

Hi and welcome. I'm only just up the A6 from you well probably a canoe that separates us at the moment with all the rain. Plenty of good stalking around us. Drop me a pm if want names and numbers of local stalkers.

Welcome to the site,

A clever man knows his strengths, a wise man knows his weaknesses