Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rubber

Where do you get yours?

Rubber gloves I mean

I buy all my butchery type stuff from Scobies:
    If you spend 50 (which I seem to do easily each time!), you get free postage. Their knives are mainly Victorinox which are great!
    Service is very good, normally there within a day or two.

Cheers MS

I was looking for rubber gloves and scoobies seem to have only vynal. I like the nice tight fit of rubber and I aint got no allergies [except allergic to whinging gits]

I buy mine from molevalley farmers the blue nitrile ones they're a nice fit and a lot stronger than the latex ones but more expensive but you shouldn't be using latex gloves for food prep anyway,i would think any farm supplies store would stock them.

Is there an Arco near you? they stock nitrile gloves what I use, tried allsorts but these work the best for me.

If you are on good terms with a Dentist/Doctor/Vet, ask them to get some for you from whichever supplier they use for their 'consumables' - they should be able to get latex, vinyl or nitrile in a variety of sizes and qualities, and that ought to be cheaper than paying through the nose at a car bits shop, for example.
    Nothing is worse than having an itch you can never scratch

"...Nicely just doesn't cut the cheese....." A new twist on management-speak courtesy of a colleague.

Don't like getting me 'ands oily so we have plenty of boxes.

I've bought nitrile gloves, anti bacterial wipes and some first aid stuff from them. They also do oversleeves which I'd recommend.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawnraider View Post
    you shouldn't be using latex gloves for food prep anyway,Neil.
    Have I missed something? Why not?