I shot my Precision for the first time today. It's one hell of a rifle. Thought I'd share my load data. I only made these up as plinking rounds for a day out with mates today, so they all contained the same load which I figured would probably be "ok". I fired the first one into putty to check for pressure signs before I made another 99, and it turned out to be a pretty ok round.
I do my powder & COAL measurements in metric but I've converted them for your convenience
- 123 grain A-Max
- Hornady brass
- Federal standard primer
- 40.43 grains Varget (2.620 grams, to ± 0.001)
- 2.80" COAL (71.1mm)
- 24 inch barrel (standard)
- DPT moderator
I fired some groups which were quite good, for me, with a new gun, and then ran 6 shots over the chrony.
- Quickload predicted MV 2872 fps (875.4 m/s)
- Actual mean MV (6 shots) 2880 fps (877.8 m/s)
- Extreme spread 7 fps. (2.13 m/s)
3 of the 6 shots were 2880, 2880, 2881.
Not too shabby... definitely potential here.