Thread: Done it.

Shropshire. Land of rain and more rain.

Done it.

Taken the plunge this week and sent off for my L2 pack. Just hoping it comes back as the blue one. Any advice / help as I plough through the process will be gratefully recieved and it does not matter to me if it does take 3 years.
    Last edited by vizslamad; 14-05-2010 at 16:34.

Oxfordshire, Wiltshire, Berkshire....and Sutherland
    View my Gallery (19)View my Gallery (19)

Well done - hope the application comes back blue!

I was like you, in that I felt that completing the porfolio would take as long as it takes. There was no advantage to me in gaining DSC2 as quickly as possible. Instead I preferred to wait for the AW's who were taking me out to say when they felt I was ready to go for it.

Also, don't feel like you immediately have to put yourself under assessment conditions. My advice would be to go for a couple of stalks with an AW where they are doing the stalking rather than you. Get them to give you a running commentary on what they are doing, the decisions they are making, etc. It can be a very educational experience, for both of you

Most of all, enjoy it.

Good luck

Couldn't agree more with Willie-G. Getting a commentary stalk is a real eyeopener - in more ways than one!

My DSC2 portfolio turned up about2 weeks ago and was Blue. Was told they would be blue until June 2010, when the process would change to 3 stalks with an AW.

I intend to take as long as it takes - not interested in getting 3 stalks done as quick as possible, and would rather take longer and learn more from someone with much more experience than me.