Hello

Fishpond

Hi All

just signed up having been a recent guest viewer on the forum whilst I wait for the local constabulary to process my FAC application - I've been fortunate to be guided and mentored by some very kind friends over the last two years and manage my first two roebuck, a fallow doe and a muntjac last year. So with my shotgun renewal due decided to go for a coterminus application and take the plunge; dsc1 lined up later this year just trying to figure out to get the family/shooting/stalking/fishing balance right!

Richard

Bit of a reintroduction as havent been on for ages something called covid got in the way - but now out stalking again and getting on with some deer management. Things i have learned of late 1) thermal now seems to evolve almost as fast as computers and mobile phones - seems only yesterday we were asking what was a pulsar quantan xq30v like then bought one and it was a revelation but now the axion2 that just replaced it for not much more money is unbelievably better 2) that fancy variable illuminated scope i hankered after whilst i was using my S&B 8x56 was fun but didnt put anymore deer on the floor as i rarely shoot any further than 200m and the light transmission wasnt any better then the fixed mag scope; 3) monkey sticks i made to start with are still going strong and reliable as any ive seen. 4) camo clothing does work but isnt always necessary 5) you can have too much camo!!
Finally i still havent figured out how best to sharpen my deer knives but keep buying mora ones with different blades to see which suits my needs best! Lead free ammo fills me (and my bank manager) with dread

Dry powder

Richard

Back