Thread: Hello all

Hello all

Hello all and Happy New Year.

I'm new to deer stalking and looking to learn as much as I can. I've done my DSC1 as I thought it would be a good move. I'd like to get the DSC2 done this year. Also, looking to get as much practical experience as I can so any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Been shooting for a while, shotgun (clays and rough shooting) and now looking to crack on properly with stalking.

I'm based in East Sussex and get loads of deer in the garden (often herds of 10-11 Fallow and at this time of year 3-4 Roe).

I'm also very interested about learning much more about deer management, counting them, population estimates etc.

If anyone has any ideas about how to progress for a newbie I'm all ears.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC_0018.jpg  

Hi and welcome!
    .243 Weatherby Vanguard Synth /.223 BRNO CZ527 Synthetic
    .22LR CZ 455 Synth / 12G Stoeger 2000 / 12G U/O Bettinsoli
    12G Zoli SBS / .410 unknown Italian

Welcome to the site,

A clever man knows his strengths, a wise man knows his weaknesses

Crikey, wish I had a garden like that! Nice way to get into stalking - just poke your muzzle out of the bedroom window in the mornings!

Not sure my little girls would appreciate that approach. They do get excited when they see them and aside from the tree damage they do I think the garden's a little small for full bore (not to mention the horses in the field beyond). :-)