Thread: A very sad day for Chadderton Rifle & Pistol Club.

A very sad day for Chadderton Rifle & Pistol Club.

Today is a very sad day for Chadderton Rifle & Pistol Club and I am writing this post with great sadness and a very heavy heart.
    Dave Flannery had been fighting cancer for a long time.I have just been informed that he eventually lost his fight against this foul disease and passed away peacefully peacefully at 05:30 this morning.
    Dave was Chadderton Rifle & Pistol Club's long standing Club Chairman and had been a member of Chadderton Rifle & Pistol Club for more years than just about anyone can remember. Dave was well loved and very highly regarded by all the members.
    Dave was a very good and close personal friend of mine and he was a real gentleman in every sense or the word. Dave was a mine of information and one of those people who would go out of his way to help anyone who he met or came across in any way possible.
    Dave will be sadly missed by everyone who ever had the pleasure and good fortune to meet and know him!
    My thoughts and prayers go out to his loving wife, his family and all of his countless friends who will miss him so much.
    Dave, wherever you are now rest in peace old mate!

Sorry for the loss of your friend. Sounds like a stalwart.john

.My deepest sympathy and thoughts go out for all close friends and family