Reward!

RED-DOT

For the whereabouts of an honest gun trader? I took a gun to a trader last week and his cash offer was 20% of the RRP. The giveaway was there was no giveaway!
He had entry level examples for double his offer on my EELL in perfect nick.

For the whereabouts of an honest gun trader? I took a gun to a trader last week and his cash offer was 20% of the RRP. The giveaway was there was no giveaway!
He had entry level examples for double his offer on my EELL in perfect nick.

So for example a gun has a RRP of £1000.00 and deader pays you 20% off at £800.00 he would then make a profit of £200.00.
Appears to be a fair deal really, he has to make a living

So for example a gun has a RRP of £1000.00 and deader pays you 20% off at £800.00 he would then make a profit of £200.00.
Appears to be a fair deal really, he has to make a living

no I think the problem was he offered 20% ie £200

Sideplates are a bit niche, I always thought - nice to haves and not everyone's cup of tea (or budget) - keep it if you can or visit a more discerning dealer who actually knows what he's looking at and what it's worth.

Its also sometimes worth going the 'selling on behalf of' route with a RFD you trust - they get 10% and you get your sale

Last edited:
I think that is about right for a second hand gun. If as the example above the trader has a gun advertised for £1000 then they will have bought it in for about £600 plus vat so £720.
That is for a new gun.
So depending on the age/condition £200 for a used model would be about right as he could then sell it at a profit and still mark is up at less than half a new one.

My dad always told me that something is only ever worth what you can get for it.
Therefore, if you can't get what you want for it, it is probably not actually worth that much!?
There endeth the lesson on item valuation!;)
MS

Ohh, and the fact that he still has shotguns on his shelf priced at double the value of yours, means that they are not worth that much either!;)
Basic salesman technique. Double the actual value and then offer a 25% discount to some mug who thinks he's getting a bargain, whilst actually paying 150% of actual worth!

Last edited:
Put it on here RD. Not like anyone heckles sales posts is it or questions anything or even questions ones sales.

Last edited:
Take it into Bushwear and get them to sell it for you, on a sale or return basis. Nothing ventured, nothing gained...

Thats a fair point,we are a Stalking community so by definition don't understand Shotguns and values of such.......

Hahaha, I'm sure plenty DO, but we have a limited number of folks on here, and I'm sure that a number won't be interested in shotguns, whereas a trip to GT will be specifically to look for a gun

Hahaha, I'm sure plenty DO, but we have a limited number of folks on here, and I'm sure that a number won't be interested in shotguns, whereas a trip to GT will be specifically to look for a gun

A bit like looking for a gay relationship down the local rugby club,there maybe someone suitable but the choice will be limited......

Back