Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Budget waterproof jacket recommendations.

County Durham
    Blog Entries

Budget waterproof jacket recommendations.

I've got up to about 75 for a waterproof jacket for stalking. Just needs to be a shell with a hood to keep me dry in the high seat. What would you recommend?

I am becoming a convert to all of the army surplus goretex stuff. Cheap and works really well.

Ex army goretex.

Shedloads on eBay.
    Nothing is worse than having an itch you can never scratch

"...Nicely just doesn't cut the cheese....." A new twist on management-speak courtesy of a colleague.

I just bought an Austrian army mountain goretex jacket for 49.99 inc postage and its excellent. Its a grey-green colour, has a great hood and decent pockets and feels bombproof and isn't particularly noisy. I usually wear a medium in most things and I ordered a medium and it fits really well with spare for a couple of layers underneath.

wearite clothing co
    shooting jacket
    they last along time, tough enough for most of our beating team

Buy a surplus wind proof smock and goretex shell and read the many posts on here about how to correctly use/layer them and you will have the best possible system for stalking well within your budget.
    For self catering accommodation on the Isle of Lewis please visit:

+1 on surplus. I wouldn't go out like a weekend warrior otherwise but if you are on a budget you won't get decent goretex any cheaper.
    Deer Stalking. Training and Courses. Deer Stalking Certificate Level 1, Training and Witnessing for the Level 2 Assessment.

I've got a couple of Beghaus AQ2? thing below goretex, my oldest 1 is 8 yr old and still pretty waterproof and its had a lot of use.

Some cheap deals on sportsman gun centre the now on odd sizes/last seasons stock. Usually some real bargins

I have just spent 70 on a Rydale Gembling Shooting Jacket. It arrived yesterday and I wore it for nearly two hours in rain last night. First impressions are good.

Go to your local agricultural store and get a Flexothane jacket or even a suit, very waterproof, comfortable, quite hard wearing and relatively quiet.