My first FAC delivered tonight

seibassman7

Tonight my local FEO did my cabinet check and then handed over to me my first FAC?

Time to go shopping :D:Dto say I am happy is an understatement. Regards sbm

Last edited:
I feel a bit like a teenager again. scary :scared: I have a slot for 7X57 (.275) plus mod, .22lr plus mod for bunnies/vermin and gallery and a .22lr for target shooting. Everything that I asked for so happy. regards sbm
ps do I go for a 7x57 BSA or a .275 take down rigby? I suspect my wife may give me the answer!

Last edited:
only if I can steal the keys to the account without being spotted. :coat:regards sbm

Last edited:
I feel a bit like a teenager again. scary :scared: I have a slot for 7X57 (.275) plus mod, .22lr plus mod for bunnies/vermin and gallery and a .22lr for target shooting. Everything that I asked for so happy. regards sbm
ps do I go for a 7x57 BSA or a .275 take down rigby? I suspect my wife may give me the answer!

What BSA do you have in mind in 7x57 may I ask? It is not so often you find them in 7x57 just looked on Guntrader and not one listed. There is a Rigby but it is not a takedown and the price is £5,995 ..........

conure, I think there is at least 1 maybe 2 bsa's in 7x57 on guntrader at the moment (have not checked today). The take down . 275 Rigby is a dream and if one comes up i will have to pounce and I will probably have to sell a kidney to buy it! Regards sbm

Good luck with your shopping list, my " accountant" has eyes in back of her head if I even think of getting anything shooting related. She got wise over the years!

Crikey 7x57 as a first,good on you. When I had my first FAC i hadn't heard of such a calibre!
And two .22lr,you have done your homework, again on my first I wouldn't have tried for two of same calibre.
Well done you!:thumb:

well done, enjoy your shopping. At some point before your licence is up for renewal that will include another cabinet:). I have just ordered my 4th one.

Cheers guys, I must say having read a lot on this site and asked a lot of questions I had a good idea about whatI wanted and what evidence I needed to get the approval. So its really all down to the good old SD :D regards SBM

Just looked again at guntrader, Conure you ar quite correct, no BSA's but a couple of Parker Hales including the one that Pine Marten kindly sent me a link for.

regards SBM

I would heartily recommend a Varberger in 7x57 if you can find one, Heym are rather nice too.
Enjoy!
Jim
image509.jpg

Last edited:
Just looked again at guntrader, Conure you ar quite correct, no BSA's but a couple of Parker Hales including the one that Pine Marten kindly sent me a link for.

regards SBM

For some reason you do not seem to see many BSA rifles for sale in 7x57 even though they made them of course. There is a late model BSA 7x57 in storage at the club that is probably a CF2 model but even a web search is not showing many on offer. Found a BSA CF2 in 7x64 at Gunshop East Barnet through the web search.

Odd that such a famous round is not more represented. Good luck with your search and shopping.

Back