Wanted: Gralloching Experience

dom8328

I have found that the easiest part of stalking is pulling the trigger. What I really need to learn is how to Gralloch correctly and safely, hygiene, carriage, right tools for the job etc. I have watched all the Youtube stuff and the BDS DVD but think that there is no better approach to learning than hands on experience. Would anybody be willing to help me out in this area of stalking so as i can become a competent stalker.

Help, as always is much appreciated.

Dom

You sound like you've been stalking, the best thing to do is ask if you can do the gralloch , everybody has a different way and you watch videos and read books but as you say there is no substitute for hands on which will help you pick the technique that suits you. I was the same as you so i got booked on a butchery course and carcase handling which helped, and then the next time I was out I did the gralloch . The BDS video is very good and the guy that is in it took me for my dsc2,

I have found that the easiest part of stalking is pulling the trigger. What I really need to learn is how to Gralloch correctly and safely, hygiene, carriage, right tools for the job etc. I have watched all the Youtube stuff and the BDS DVD but think that there is no better approach to learning than hands on experience. Would anybody be willing to help me out in this area of stalking so as i can become a competent stalker.

Help, as always is much appreciated.

Dom
best thing to do is ask someone who is close to you to show you .That is what i did and what a difference it made

Back