Thread: Hello all

Hello all

Morning all,

Just joined, I'm Jeff and live in Lincolnshire.

I have been shooting (shotguns) for several years now enjoying mostly pest/vermin control. I have several permissions (mainly farms) and shoot an array of different gauges/types for different quarry, from silenced 410 & 20 for rats rabbits etc through 16 and 12G for pigeon/corvids and game and combinations of the above.

As I have gained more permission the I have the chance to shoot the taller 4 legged variety of game but I have neither the experience nor equipment to do so.... therefore....I am here

Here to read and gain knowledge of calibers, ask questions of the experienced and generally expand my knowledge

Thanks in advance for all replies

welcome to sd jeff plenty of experiance folk on here can give u some good tips

Welcome to the forum, think about getting you dsc1 , plenty of courses on here pay your deposit and get your study pack then book the exam when you have studied, + there is plenty of folks on here to help you, im sure there will be someone local to you that will take you stalking ,on your permission, once they get to know you, if you wre near to me I would happily bring a couple of guns to take you out

Welcome to the site,

A clever man knows his strengths, a wise man knows his weaknesses

Thanks for all the replies and the welcome.

I would certainly be getting dsc1. I do have someone in mind to ask regarding mentoring... I haven't yet approached them but I'm sure they will be more than willing to help nearer the time. Its a very nice offer Ray77, pity I am so far away!