BBC Radio 2 Vine Programme. Only Farmers and Crims have guns....

Norrie1956

Anyone hear Jeremy Vine on Radio 2 this morning??

Their was a "phone in" with a chap from Armed Radio in the US..he was taking questions from the UK public, .one caller stated that she had a shotgun, Vine said, is that because you are a farmer??

He then says to the American chap, in the UK, only farmers have guns, the rest are owned by criminals.....that guy is a total waste of my licence fee ....he should stick to his dancing rubbish....

Here's a wee link to the "show"...

BBC Radio 2 - Jeremy Vine, Gun Laws and Accents

This ***** is about the most misinformed person in the world, his researchers either want their arses kicking or need to look at the bigger picture and spread their nets a bit further to get a better bias.

Jeremy vine is the reason I stopped listening to Radio 2. He is anti everything that is me; The countryside, shooting and my work.

I'm disgusted with this idiot Jeremy Vine. He thinks antagonism makes good journalism and is the reason I no longer listen to Radio 2.

I've complained and want an apology for this stupid bias.

BBC complaints can be made here

BBC - Complaints - Complain Online

Grrrrr....

Thanks Eyefor, complaint sent in, tho, it'll probobly be the subject of a few laughs, if it ever gets to Vine at all.

Jeremy vine is the reason I stopped listening to Radio 2. He is anti everything that is me; The countryside, shooting and my work.

Im a regular listener of his show and can't remember him showing any bias or anti views on any subject, he's there to allow varying view points to be put forward and I think he does it quite well..... Now, where's my tin hat :oops:

Once upon a time, dj,s were employed in radio for there love and knowledge of music, now there all journalist that play a little music, chat a lot and talk about anything that can upset a nation.... All tossers.
Radio aint what it used to be !!!!!

Hold on, he did apologies some 10 seconds after he realised what he'd said....stupid as it was.

Hiya, I didnt hear that bit, I was driving the lorry at the time, and after his comment I was fuming..tho, i do remember some mumbling coming from the radio...maybe that was what he was saying...:)

It's still not on for him to ever say anything like that, even if he did apologise later...he should be professional enough to do at least some research on his chosen subject, it's him that picks it, not me....

I've heard him infer and suggest things before on his shows, that have to my mind, been slipped in for effect....but, I'll not need to bother about him from now on, I'll stick to CD's from now on...:)

On a previous show I heard vine ask an anti-gun campaigner "why shouldn't law abiding citizens have access to guns" he then added "taking guns off the law abiding means only the criminals will have access to guns"
It's a shame people on here never seem to hear his positive comments.

Complaint submitted. Fair enough he plays devils advocate, but his comments are not doing anything to break down the misconceptions of law abiding firearms ownership and sustainable, ethical and economically important activities in rural areas, surely the BBC should at least try and stimulate education of the population.

Last edited:
On a previous show I heard vine ask an anti-gun campaigner "why shouldn't law abiding citizens have access to guns" he then added "taking guns off the law abiding means only the criminals will have access to guns"
It's a shame people on here never seem to hear his positive comments.

So, he def doesn't do his research, if he can say something like that, then come out with crap like he did today.....

I do vaguely remember him saying that tho, was'nt it last week??? But, I got the impression he said it to be confrontational to the anti...to get them to say something....

Vine is a second rate reporter , his "discussions" have no real content and he just spouts his own limp wristed opinion., same as Kyle.

Back