Moderator for 6.5x55

I have an atec maxim on my 6.5x55 it moderates well and is very light. Not sure how much they are 250-300 I think

A stalking friend uses a LP titanium on his finnlight and it shoots a dream

I also use a LP titanium aurora on my Mauser M03 6.5 and that also shoots a dream

and both are quiet enough to the ear

I have used an Ase Utra Jet-Z Compact for last 7 or so years on Sako 85 6.5x55. I got the.25 model for maximum sound moderation and it has done a great job and looks like it will do another 7 years! They cost about £300 but I think they worth it.

I have a 85 finnlight in 6.5x55 I did have a ase sl5 , but now have the new atec 119 hertz calibre specific it s quieter and alot lighter and the rifle is now balenced really well was worth the change in my opinion

The atec hertz is only 40g lighter than the ASE Utra SL5, but being reflex the weight is distributed better...

I've got a atec maxim or a CMM4 I use on mine. Maxim is slightly heavier but still what I would consider a light mod. Very good sound reduction. Cmm4 is end mounted but very light. Not quite so good on the noise reduction bit for the odd shot taken when out stalking perfectly adequate. I only use the cmm4 to stalk as they won't last long if using to develop loads or a range session, since they have alli baffles. To chose one over the other I'd probably have the maxim.

Another Hardy user here, light enough that the balance has moved slightly but still handles well.

Me too. I used to have a JetZ Compact before and that really spoilt balance and handling.
The Hardy transformed the package, but it isn't particularly quiet compared to others.

What mod should we put on my wifes Sako Finnlite 6.5x55 and roughly what would the cost be.Wf1

toss up between lighter one for her to carry or a heavier one to present more control

all mods unbalance
some reduce noise better than others

get one with a 7mm bore if possible, it helps the second point

second hand they run to £100-150
New you could pay £200-300 or up to £6-700 for titanium (not convinced its worth it myself!)

If you choose to go down P.L road don't get the neon model as its a first time shooters model and I find it very lound with no reduced felt recoil

Back