After putting a deposit on a D4 this morning it is time to sell my D2.
This is a genuine car – what you see is what you get. I bought it in September 2010 from a Honda dealer and am the 2nd owner from new. The car came with a very comprehensive 12 month warranty when I bought it and during the warranty period I had the ABS (3 Amigo’s) fixed as well as a brake master cylinder and a window regulator replaced. Since then it has required nothing major and has been a strong and reliable car.
When I bought the car it had a leak in the top of the driver’s side headlining which the selling dealer tried to fix by cleaning out the sunroof drain tubes, unsuccessfully as it turned out to be a leaking seal around the windscreen which was finally traced and cured by my local indie. As a result of the leak there are some water marks on the headlining but if I sell the car for the asking price or very near offer it will get a full valet and I will ask them to try and clean up the watermarks.
There are the inevitable stone chips on the bonnet and ‘car park’ scars and scratches (caused by the council not cutting back the hedges on our local roads) on the side panels plus the odd scuff on the bumpers. If I'm being picky, the bin on the inside of the rear door has split at one end, it was on my list of things to do but events have overtaken me!
I’m mentioning all these things so that potential buyers know what they’re getting upfront.
So, to the details!
The car was first registered on 1 September 2003 and is a D2 facelift model.
· Black cloth seats (original owner had seat covers on the car which came with it and have been on all the time I’ve owned it)
· ACE (active cornering enhancement) which stops it rolling like a 2CV
· Heated front windscreen
· Air conditioning
· Cruise control
· Leather steering wheel
· Single CD head unit with steering wheel controls (I have a genuine LR head unit, 6 disc CD player, wiring loom and a number of CD cassettes which I have never got round to fitting but will include if the car goes for the asking price or very near offer)
· A fitted tow bar (the one on the car is a standard one but I also have an adjustable/removable one that I bought but never got round to fitting and which I will include if the car goes for the asking price or very near offer)
· Fitted Parrot 3200 hands free Bluetooth phone system
· Twin sunroofs (neither leak!)
· Rear parking sensors (not genuine but fully working)
· Alloy wheels
· Michelin Latitude Cross extra load tyres with plenty of tread
· 5 seats (so no troublesome air suspension!)
· Genuine Land Rover rubber mat set including rear load area (drivers mat is worn through)
It has a full service history with services carried out at:
8/6/2004 11,776 miles
12/7/2005 19,274 miles
8/8/2006 27,704 miles
21/8/2007 34,607 miles
20/8/2008 42,489 miles
25/8/2010 51,946 miles
25/11/2011 64,815 miles
15/10/2012 76,756 miles
26/2/2014 90,529 miles
19/6/2015 102,956 miles
It has a current MOT which expires on 2 September 2016.
The mileage is currently 107,259 but that’s nothing these days.