DSC level 2 Assessor questions

dearhunter

hi all
having recently returned level 2 portfolio what questions can i expect off the assessor when he calls.

It is more of a chat than an interrogation, they want you to succeed.
I had the feeling he just wanted to confirm that the person who wrote the ICR was indeed the same person as they were now talking to.
The two questions I had in the end were very basic questions about food hygiene and safety.

Hi there

As mentioned, it did feel like it was assessing whether you were actually the chap who'd completed the ICR's. Additionally though I was asked about notifiable diseases and the process of notification; a question on disposal of larder waste and a final question high seat safety checks. It was a really pleasant chat for about 20 minutes - he had clearly spoken to my three assessors though.

Hope that helps

FN

It is a good book, I would recommend 1 to any stalker experienced or not to carry 1. Plastic coated pages, so will take the abuse of being carried in the field.

ATB

I got a call from the BDS assessor when I was out checking snares and was caught on the hop a bit. I thought he said he was rspb as I couldn't hear him great. Once I got my brain in gear and feeling a bit of a tit he asked me about ballistics - effect on a bullet firing steeply up or downhill and then one on hygene- what to do with a carcass if it's contaminated with stomach contents.
It certainly wasn't the Spanish inquisition and felt more like an informal blether. Don't worry too much about it and you'll be fine!

DL

That chat, is generally to assertane whether you you the knowledge and will mostly focus on the areas that are weakest in your portfolio.
i think someone said earlier that assessor want to pass you. They are unbiased and are there to check that you have covered all the relevant points, to pass

My impression of the assessor questions was that he was confirming that I could give the same answers that I had given in the portfolio, apart from one that I couldn't recall being in any of the DSC training manuals, so I just gave a common-sense answer that proved to be correct.

atb Tim

Depends. Some call and ask a few questions, others may just sign it off and put it through. All AW should be thorough and ask the relevant questions to the ICR the list changes every year.

Back