Thread: Ashlack Hall Cumbria.

Ashlack Hall Cumbria.

Morning everyone,
    Just a quick write up to show my appreciation to Mick ( Mick Curic on the SD), regarding the pheasant day we had with him this weekend.
    The day started off with a quick safety briefing in the gun room,which has some very interesting art work. Off to the first drive where we all walked with dogs working well and ending up with both Mallard and Snipe ( should have had more but some of the guns hadn't wolken up yet).
    The rest of the morning was split up by three more productive drives where we stood on various pegs. Lunch was taken in the gun room then back out for 3 more drives. The weather had taken a turn for the worse by now and we could no longer see the beautiful scenery which we where surrounded by. The snow in the air made some of the challenging birds even more challenging (that's my excuse anyway). We finished the day with a mixture of pheasants some duck and snipe, but more importantly we all had big smiles on our face.
    The only downside to this story is that , for some reason I had a pm message from a fellow SD member warning me not to go to this shoot as, in his words not mine, " you will be ripped off".
    Well, if this was being ripped off I am going back next season to be ripped off another twice. I can only say a big Thankyou to Mick and his team for putting on a fantastic day with full hospitality for a very reasonable price, it's on his advert on here.
    Once again Mick, cheers for the weekend, see you next season.

Cheers ,Scott
    Last edited by fordbank; 18-01-2016 at 16:02.