Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ultrafire batteries

ultrafire batteries

need to get some replacements
    what are the best ones and what to avoid?

seems there are thousands

Good Morning 'bewsher500'. I have used 'Ultrafire 18650 3000mAh, 3.7V Li-ion'. These are red with a silver panel on which 'UltraFire' is printed. The 'AA' sizes ones I use are blue in colour with 'UltraFire' printed upon them. these are denoted as follows - TR 14500mAh 3.7V. I believe these too are Li-ion. Both are re-chargeable. One thing I have found is that it is best to invest in a better quality battery-charger, one that gives the option of different charge rates. Using a good charger aappears to prolong/promote battery life. I've been using the above for some years with no issues. I purchased all of the above from 'Amazon' & 'Ebay'.
    I hope this helps.

'Camodog'.

Just be very carfull what you buy, lots of fakes on the market, There is a wealth of info on this have a look at Torchy and all the testing he has done. If you need AA/AAA then panasonic enloops are the best you can buy. Also agree you need an intelligent charger, worth every penny.

D

Avoid anything with "fire" in the name
    Genuine Panasonics in any size or chemistry are worth the money.

Cheers

Bruce

its 18650's I am after

current ones seem to be pure silver and 5000mAh
    also have ultrafire written on them!

the one I have that is a nightmaster branded one is absolute crap!

Mine all have 'fire' in their name. I have never experienced any problems, though I was careful to source them from a reputable dealer. This does not mean that 'branded' items are necessarily better/worse. I bought my 'Nightmaster 800' over two years ago. I use it extensively, still with the original 18650 batteries supplied, and they are still going strong! Maybe I was lucky. I re-enforce the 'QUALITY CHARGER' though whichever you choose!!

'Camodog'.

I have two that came with the night master, doing well. My spares are ones I pulled from an old laptop battery

Quote Originally Posted by bewsher500 View Post
    its 18650's I am after

current ones seem to be pure silver and 5000mAh
    also have ultrafire written on them!

the one I have that is a nightmaster branded one is absolute crap!
    500mah in an 18650 battery is not doable - 3400mah is about as good as it gets.
    Any 18650 battery claiming to be more than 3400mah is highly suspicious

Cheers

Bruce

interesting, defo says 5000mAh on the side
    dont doubt the suspicion, know next to nothing about them and treat them as consumable items

has anyone bought any good ones and has a link or a specific product or vendor as I am losing the will to live looking the 18000 hits on ebay or amazon!?

Also very interested, As my Pulsar N870 seems to burn through rechargable battries.