Going to be cold tonight

Cyres

Well -2c in South Glos this am, forecast even colder tonight, from what I hear lots of foxs being shot, anyway hope to be out this eve, I expect the thermal will be ace, little moon so fingers crossed. Also new shooting specs are ready for collection so no excuses for any more misses!!!!

D

Just make sure the batteries are charged....before you go out. Just saying. I mean that would never happen to me now.!!! :eek:

And according to to my car it was -8 this morning.

A bit of ice on shallow puddles this morning. Sounds like all the wild plum blossom that has been out for 9-10 days will be wasted.

Paddy you are correct I noticed the moon at lunch time, I expect it will be a pig as its so wet and it will be frozeen on top so not going to be quiet. Spare batteries x 2 already in jacket. Vitara has a brilliant heater so thats OK. Have 19 .204 rounds 40 v max if we use 3 we will be doing well.

D

Paddy you are correct I noticed the moon at lunch time, I expect it will be a pig as its so wet and it will be frozeen on top so not going to be quiet. Spare batteries x 2 already in jacket. Vitara has a brilliant heater so thats OK. Have 19 .204 rounds 40 v max if we use 3 we will be doing well.

D

I hope you did better than us - we drove bleddy miles to a large farm. Paul left me in one area while he toured around in his truck, calling wherever looked suitable. He saw nothing all night. I saw one large dog fox; it died.

Almost snap we were out from 8 till 11pm very cold bright and extremly quiet. We saw 6 couldn't get on any no responce to call and only heard one distant fox call. V difficult with travelling foxs and railway lines and bits we can't get on. -4.8 this am -5c on car down M5. We also drove miles.We suspect probably arround farm buildings but did check two blank, saw few rabbits and some roe. No badgers probably all tucked up asleep. Themal performance was very good as expected.

D

We did a bit better this evening - we took down what was almost certainly a pair on a sheep farm, then a big old dog fox about 2 miles further along the road.

Back