Thread: Eskdale Wood and Wildlife Management

Eskdale Wood and Wildlife Management

Hi guys, I just wonderd if any one has any views on the afore mentioned as I am thinking about booking with them for a few days.The only info I can get is from their web.This is not an advert it is a genuine question. Thanks lads..Bozzy

Hi Bozzy,

Eskdale W&W was founded by the great Ronnie Rose - I think in the 70's. He is very very highly respected among stalkers, and most everyone who knows about management of woodland. I belive the company is now run by his son (also called Ronnie I think) who seems a top notch bloke when I have spoken too him, and I know a fair few folk who have stalked there and really enjoyed it. The quality/size of his patch is not known to me, nor his succes rate.

"Even at the very bottom of the river, I didn't think to myself, Is this a hearty joke or the merest accident? I just thought, it's wet." - Eeyore

I went there a couple of years ago very good and a nice bloke.

I have no knowledge of EWWM but found a couple of videos whilst looking on youtube which may be of interest.

As Sam says, Eskdale W&W was founded by Ronnie Rose, one of the god fathers of forest management/deer management in Scotland, a much respected man in the stalking world, his son Ronald now runs the business and Ronald’s son was also helping out. I am not sure how much land he now has but it was thousands of hectors in and around Eskdalemuir.

Go you will have no worries, it is a great opportunity to learn, if you can find a copy of Ronnie’s book “A Rose between two thorns” it is a great read.

He has Roe and Sika on the land and Ronnie is a great bloke. Tell us about it when you get back mate.

I was up there back in March, as already said he's a very nice bloke and all of the stalkers that i met were top blokes. I dont think you will be disapointed.

Thanks for the information,I will take your advice and go get me some Scottish deer. Bozzy

Heard a rumour that Ronnie is moving up north?????

Did my level 1 with them a few years ago, thoroughly recomended.