Hunting dog test methods in Germany an English language document

For Wachtelhund:thumb:
Draathaar different,as are every other breed.

Gives a glimpse of what is required,always fancied a Wachtelhund,very good dogs,got friends in the club.
Well translated also Martin:thumb:

Last edited:
My Berufsjäger pal in Germany has offered to get me a Wachtelhund pup now that I will be retiring at the end of January, he said always go with a pup as older dogs can have had bad experiences with the first owner and anyway why is it then for sale?
The pup option will bond better with you.
Seemed good advice to me as a complete beginner in dog ownership.
Martin

My Berufsjäger pal in Germany has offered to get me a Wachtelhund pup now that I will be retiring at the end of January, he said always go with a pup as older dogs can have had bad experiences with the first owner and anyway why is it then for sale?
The pup option will bond better with you.
Seemed good advice to me as a complete beginner in dog ownership.
Martin
Your friend is 100% correct.
Wachtels that have passed the tests won't come up for sale at all I'd wager,especially within the Verein.
Join the club Martin,you'll get a lot out of it.
I see there is a meeting at the end of January:thumb:
All the best
George

I am stuck in Bratislava till 4th Feb then get to go back home for a few days to see the missus then again off to Suffolk for 3 days on pigeons so I only see me making the move into a dog around April time.
My partner is very understanding but I really am pushing the envelope the last 8 months being away from home most of the time. The rush to cash up a pot for my retiring fund.
My Berufjäger pal had a Wachtelhund called Hella for years and she was a really lovely dog then how life is, old age took her.
Martin

Back