Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: No tie, no peg?

No tie, no peg?

Our shoot had and still has a collar and tie condition when it was formed thirty years ago but i am seeing cammo/realtree and heaven forbid even Nomad and Harkila now appearing. I am going to remind members that no tie will mean no peg.
    Am i being too strict?

I don't think so RD! I also really dislike people throwing shot game about, I know it's just fell out the sky but it should be respected.
    “Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forest and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person.”
    –Fred Bear -

collar and tie on our shoots even for the beaters but I have seen a cavat sneaking in from some of the crowd
    camo NO
    one shoot it's white shirt only no colours or checks
    and please please keep it that way...
    Every man is a damn fool for at least five minutes every day; wisdom consists in not exceeding the limit.
    Elbert Hubbard

No RD you are not....a shirt and tie in my view is compulsory and a sign of respect for the shoot the birds the keeper and the day...when ive been on beaters days i ve worn plain browns and greens with a check shirt and a devon green tie and i feel the part even if all i shoot is clouds and sky.....Hugh.

Ur shoot ur rules but putting a tie on does not automatically make u respectful.

Seen plenty of folk on driven days dressed to the nines with no respect, and beaters looking like traps that have respect for the quarry.

I have no problem with folk wearing cammo in the line esp on walk 1 stand 1 syndicates, few boys on mine will wear cammo jackets in rain as thats their waterproofs but have shirts or shirt and tie below.

I don't know yeah its always nice to see a well turnt out shooting party but I would rather see guns in camo wearing Burberry caps who respected the game they were shooting and who could resist shooting low birds and poaching there neighbours than die hard tweed wearing guns who couldnt

I am talking tradition and dress code here not bad practice which is dealt with at the time and not left to fester until AGM time.

If that's the rule and it's the same for all then there should be no complaints, if it was my shoot I'd be saving the black ball for the badly trained dogs and their clueless owners.

nail on head- its good to look smart even if your just beating any scruffy beaters on the shoot where i beat get a chewed ear from the keeper.
    Quote Originally Posted by RED-DOT View Post
    I am talking tradition and dress code here not bad practice which is dealt with at the time and not left to fester until AGM time.