Christmas Present arived at last and its heartbreaking :(

Chasey

At long last my new rifel stock LH adjustable tactical for a RH Sako T3 243 turned up

It lookes stunning it feels amazing and the adjustable cheek piece makes this rifel come to the eye like nothing else I have ever tried. I assembeld it in anticipation of tomorows stalk and was sooooooo excited

Simply stunning

2016-01-22 20.21.46.jpg

Hoiwever one small problem........

I cant load or unload the rifel :(

2016-01-22 17.11.41.jpg

Thers not enough bolt travel to let the rifel eject or select a round. I have to take the cheek piece out compleetly to get the bolt in then its about 20mm out for letting the bolt eject the hell

Absolutly heart broken :(

Wont even let me do it with the cheek piece fulley depressed

2016-01-22 17.15.09.jpg

Attachments

• 2016-01-22 20.21.35.jpg
    2016-01-22 20.21.35.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 187
That's a pity. You're going to have to break out a rasp/files I think, but you probably don't want to do that when you've spent a small fortune on it.

That's a pity. You're going to have to break out a rasp/files I think, but you probably don't want to do that when you've spent a small fortune on it.

Its about 20mm short on travel

I need a milling macheen :(

Bummer Chasey, Can you change it or will you need to have it altered. Been looking forward to hear how this worked as I have a R.H.Sako and I am a leftie. Sako doesn't do the 7mm-08 in L.H. My mate has a Tikka T3 with that cheek piece set up and its the dogs....

Just find one deer at a time to shoot!

A real pain, I presume you'll send it back rather than take rasp to it

Bummer Chasey, Can you change it or will you need to have it altered. Been looking forward to hear how this worked as I have a R.H.Sako and I am a leftie. Sako doesn't do the 7mm-08 in L.H. My mate has a Tikka T3 with that cheek piece set up and its the dogs....

Strangly it wouldent make any diferance which side the bolt went it simply wouldn't clear the stock.

You have to remove the cheek piece to get the bolt in and out but thats not a drama.

I think it will need a channel milled down the middel of the cheek piece.

Obviusly got to go back but I was so excited getting it its a great shame.

Aside from this its uterly fantastic.

ATB

Last edited:
Could you just send the cheek piece back for modification or have them send out another one that would work?

If it was chamfered at 45deg away from the grip would it give enough clearance without affecting your cheek weld ?

I would be tempted to get the saw out & do it myself, but I understand that having spent good money on something that doesn't work just isn't good enough!

Could you just send the cheek piece back for modification or have them send out another one that would work?....

Get another cheek piece and keep the original one untouched so you can sell the stock in the future?

Secondly, I would shoot the rifle before you do anything. I had lots of problems restocking a Sako 75. Shoot it like the F-Class folk do. Make a packing piece to go under the comb so it's coming back to the same height each time.

Thirdly, I would be wondering about the supplier who provided this stock. Can you share the name so we can avoid them in the future?

Regards

JCS

Last edited:
My thoughts exactly. If it was bought for a specific rifle then it is not fit for purpose. Suppliers fault and their responsibility IMO.

I am sure it will get sorted out no need to slag anyone off. I run my own buisness and I know poo happens

It how you deel with it that seporates the good from the bad.

And the stock is just so perfict in every other way.

ATB

I am sure it will get sorted out no need to slag anyone off. I run my own buisness and I know poo happens

It how you deel with it that seporates the good from the bad.

And the stock is just so perfict in every other way.

ATB

Well said!

They seem to make lovely stocks.

It's due to the key lock which is about twice as long as the original bolt shroud. They are available but are not cheap. You would need the shroud, firing pin and internals which was available as a key lock removal kit.

It's due to the key lock which is about twice as long as the original bolt shroud. They are available but are not cheap. You would need the shroud, firing pin and internals which was available as a key lock removal kit.

Didnt know that

Is the shroud I have non standard?

ATB

To my knowledge putting this mistake right is all in hand and stock is to be collected Monday.

Last edited:
Looks like a joe west to me. Could be wrong, but 'customer service' doesn't seem to mean anything to them.
Sorry but once bitten.......

Back