OK, who did it?

that's what I first thought the last time one washed up at hunstanton , however the police were apparently looking for the persons who stole those ones so I thought better of it , no idea what the offence might be though?

i know its illegal to sell them not quite sure about keeping a couple for a souvenir though!!

that's what I first thought the last time one washed up at hunstanton , however the police were apparently looking for the persons who stole those ones so I thought better of it , no idea what the offence might be though?

Can you "steal" dead wildlife parts off a beech?

33 tonnes each.

That'll be accurate because Jonathan Ross said there was a whale-weigh station in Skeggy..........

It was first reported that three whales were washed up on the beach.

After some CND members arrived on scene they are now reported as sperm whales........ :coat:

Last edited:
I took the kids to hunstanton to see the whale the bottom jaw was already gone taken by a scientist to check the age and 2 security guards were watching to make sure no one tried to remove any part they said the council had to clear up unless it washed 30m along the cost then its a private land owner who paid 40k to have the last one moved, awesome beast though

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by RED-DOT
Possibly shot with a No6 cartridge at 65y?

Is my 28 bore ok for that shot using 23g High pheasant cartridges?
ideal!!

Last edited:
Dont they make fish and chips there ?

Yeah! Go along the main parade and there's a fish and chip shop, literally, every ten or fifteen yards. Nearly every third or fourth shop is a fish and chip shop. Awful! I used to go, as a kid, in the 1960s. It was magic. Took my son, for a day, in 2014. Now it's just a shithole.

Stealing by finding.

I think I caught a news item that said one of them exploded as the postmortem was started. Not sure if I heard it right though.

I had better brush up on my scrimshaw carving.
WWII they served it due to rationing I read, what it tastes like I cannot imagine.
I am so sad about this it makes me cry blubber - blubber.
Martin

England was Whaling commercially into the 1960's.

Whale oil was a very important product during and after the war.

Ate so much of it during the war it got tiresome. Vera Lyn even sang about it: (Whale meat again........) :coat:

I took the kids to hunstanton to see the whale the bottom jaw was already gone taken by a scientist to check the age and 2 security guards were watching to make sure no one tried to remove any part they said the council had to clear up unless it washed 30m along the cost then its a private land owner who paid 40k to have the last one moved, awesome beast though
£40k? Tug boat and a steel cable come to mind...

Back