Fairly new to stalking, doing my DSC1 last Feb. I bought a used rugger stainless all weather 308 and started to sight it in. The trigger pull was 6.5 lbs when I got it and reduced it to 3.25 which I find great. It was shooting about 2.5 inch group at 100 mts so I tried to improve on that. I bedded the barrel, relieved the barrel from the stock which was touching and got it shooting 1 inch groups, on trying further improvments it lost accuracy and went back to about 2.5 groups. I found that the bipod I fitted was not a swivel one and the barrel touched the stock if I canted the rifle in the slightest, ( the all weather stock being quite flexible) Changing to a swivel bipod the accuracy didn't change much.
I then went back to some of the youtube videos and noted that the rifle has 3 screws holding the barrel to stock. The screw in front of the trigger should not be tightened too much. I had tightened all 3 really tight. On loosing the middle one off I am now shooting .75 groups at 100 mts on the bipod. Delighted to say the least
So if you have a rugger check those screws.