Steiner Ranger 4-16x56 IR

AlexN

Hi folks,

Has anyone had any experience with this scope?

I'm looking for a new scope for a Sauer 202 7mm Rem Mag which I've just purchased. I've got about £800 to spend on a scope and the Steiner seems like it might fit the bill.

I'm going to be using it mainly for high seat, low light shooting and wild boar hunting over full moon in Germany.

Alex

I have two Steiner scopes but believe they were built by Leupold for Steiner and the optics are good but they are not a 56er.
Has it a switchable lightpoint reticle?
Martin

I have a S&B 2.5-10x56 klassic on my 308 which is a fantastic scope but I find it quite long and would like a bit more power on the zoom

I was looking through one of these in the gunshop on Saturday I compared to a Zeiss duralyt 3-12-50 couldn't tell the difference,as just ordered a sako black bear in 3006 I probably have one of these to go with it it looked like a quality scope to me I was quite impressed with it atb Steve

The ranger scopes are made in USA but have German glass,Steiner are owned by Burris which are owned by beretta

Hi folks,

Has anyone had any experience with this scope?

I'm looking for a new scope for a Sauer 202 7mm Rem Mag which I've just purchased. I've got about £800 to spend on a scope and the Steiner seems like it might fit the bill.

I'm going to be using it mainly for high seat, low light shooting and wild boar hunting over full moon in Germany.

Alex

Did you buy one in the end? Any kind of review? Should I just keep saving for a Swarovski?

Back