Should I give them the benefit of the doubt??

biffo

Ordered an item off Greenacre supplies a few days ago, paid for first class tracked postage and asked for delivery by the weekend. Clearly highlighted on the website it said ' over 100 currently in stock' . Emailed to see when I would get delivery and got a reply today saying out of stock, not available until mid March ie in 7 weeks !! They apologised and said they would ship item to me when received, expecting me to happily wait for all that time!

is this for real, or am I being taken for a ride?? Should I give them the benefit of the doubt? Sitting on my £80 for a couple of months can't be good customer service!

i asked for a full immediate refund but so far have not had a reply.

Any views? any experience of this company??

Ordered an item off Greenacre supplies a few days ago, paid for first class tracked postage and asked for delivery by the weekend. Clearly highlighted on the website it said ' over 100 currently in stock' . Emailed to see when I would get delivery and got a reply today saying out of stock, not available until mid March ie in 7 weeks !! They apologised and said they would ship item to me when received, expecting me to happily wait for all that time!

is this for real, or am I being taken for a ride?? Should I give them the benefit of the doubt? Sitting on my £80 for a couple of months can't be good customer service!

i asked for a full immediate refund but so far have not had a reply.

Any views? any experience of this company??

Never heard a good word about them. Get your refund and take your money elsewhere.......

As above
If falsely advertising stock they don't have them cash back & elsewhere for me

Paul

Stock levels
Unfortunately it is a fact of life that not all companies have electronic point of sale systems that talk to a database that their website also talks to. Consequently as it is impossible to constantly manually update quantities for a large listing of products folk tend to stick in a quantity of 100 or 1000 cross their fingers and hope that their buyer does not allow the stock to run out or that the items are not stolen.

Refunds
absolutely no excuse whatsoever and indeed illegal to hold onto someone's payment if the goods are not ready for despatch. Paypal refunds are instant. Card refunds take at least overnight due to 'whatever excuse the issuing bank can think of' - nothing to do with overnight interest on cash of course.

Reliability
Greenacre supplies do seem to get a lot more negatives on here than positives, would like to hear from folk that have received good service for balance

Many online sales outfits these days don't charge you for items not in stock, but give you an ETA and the option to send it to you and take payment when that happens. Which seems to me a reasonable way to do business.

It's also clear that many just say on their website that they've got stock when they haven't. I recently travelled 150 miles with a friend to buy some ammunition which was in stock, to discover that it actually wasn't. Not good. Thankfully it wasn't a wasted journey as there were other reasons for the trip.

Back