Lightforce 240 Blitz bulb replacement

kjmeijer

I have a Lightforce 240 Blitz mounted on the roof with a remote handle. Last week I replaced the bulb for a Osram Xenophot HLX 62138 G6.35 12V 100W and since then there is a "black hole" in the beam. Focusing does not work, the bulb is fitted straight and even with an other Osram 62138 the result is the same. What is wrong?

The bulb has a two prongs which fit into the holes on the handle fitment. You need to alter the depth of the bulb on the prongs to get a better beam.
Some times you get that effect if you have the bulb pushed too far in. Trail and error then focus the light housing to the best you can.

Is the filament in the new bulb the same as the old one , I know that it makes a difference if you swap between vertical and horizontal filaments

Thanks! There was a horizontal bulb in the light but I replaced it with a vertical because I want more throw.

I will try adjusting the bulb tomorow night, hope this works.

The 240 Blitz bulb shoulb be pushed right home if fitted with the 100W vertical filament bulb. The 75W bulb should be 2-3mm away from the lamp face. Screw the lamp out for flood and in for spot.
youtube is your friend....

I allready found that on Youtube but I have the 100W version which should be pushed completely in. I did that and the black hole is the result....

PS.... If you carefully remove 5-8mm from the female or lens thread you can get a much better SPOT beam than the standard beam available.

Back