Vortex scopes

I have just bought one, second hand on a rifle. it had light crimp marks and the mag ring was so hard to turn. spoke to vortex in the week and they said to send it to them. lifetime warranty on them, no proof of purchase. i told them i wasn't the first owner and they didnt care. i was talking to them to see if the ring can be loosened up.

viper 50 went in post on Thursday back to usa. they said they would sort it and post it back at no cost. i like Vortex.

I had the same problem with mine so emailed Vortex. The lady who replied told me how to fix the ring myself to Dave the postage and time spent waiting. She said any problems and they'd still take it back and fix it even if I had a go. It took 30 seconds and has solved the stiff ring.

We have quite a few in stock at the moment with new deliveries every 1-2 weeks. Some of the range are still hard to get hold of but that's due to their popularity. We recently delivered a top of the range Razor HD Gen II to a customer within 7 days of him ordering it and that included it shipping from the US to us here.

A friend of mine purchased a Gen II Razor for his 6.5 Creedmore. It was defective. Vortex had him another scope in 24 hours. Oddly, the second one was also defective. They replaced it, again, immediately. This third one has held up well.
I have a 1-4X Viper PST on my 300 Blackout. I couldn't be happier.~Muir

Nun_hunter. Is it possible to explain how to deal with the stiff mag ring?

There is an adjustment grub-screw, I think. I noticed it when fitting the other solution- fitting Switchview Throwlevers to my two PST scopes. I like having a throwlever but only with quite a firm mag ring.

Nun_hunter. Is it possible to explain how to deal with the stiff mag ring?

this is the email I received with the instructions

[FONT=wf_segoe-ui_normal]

[/FONT]

[FONT=wf_segoe-ui_normal][/FONT]
[FONT=wf_segoe-ui_normal][FONT=Times New Roman,serif]Hi Olly,[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman,serif] [/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman,serif]Sounds good. I have faith that if I can do it, you can too J[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman,serif]First, you want to remove the one screw in the mag ring. The screw will have a little o-ring on it don’t let that fall off when it comes out.[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman,serif]Big bell side down on table so scope sitting eyepiece up in air, pull the mag ring straight down. Use a towel or cloth to wipe the excess grease away from where the mag ring sits. [/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman,serif]Pull the mag ring straight back up, to put the screw back in it. Being careful to ensure you are putting the screw back into the original hole it came out of. That is why you just want to pull the mag ring straight down so it doesn’t lose its position. [/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman,serif]Put the screw back in and tighten down and just like that the mag ring should move much easier! [/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman,serif]It’s funny but it’s actually the excess grease that makes it hard to turn. If that process is all done within a couple minutes you do not have to worry about the gas escaping through the little mag ring hole. [/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman,serif]Hope that helps and let me know if you need more. [/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman,serif]Thanks,[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman,serif]Stephanie
[/FONT]
It really was that simple and has cured the problem. It didn't seem worth posting it halfway round the world for especially as I didn't even need to remove it from the rifle so no re zero required[FONT=Times New Roman,serif].[/FONT]

[/FONT]

Diamondback 3-9x40 or 4-12x40mm with BDC is a solid hunting scope, and not expensive at all. Light weight, simple, good dials, sharp crosshairs.

I have a vortex crossfire on my 17hmr and that is very good for the money. I now have a viper on my 270 which is superb. I have the diamondback binos and they are impressive for the money. All in all vortex is pretty good

Back