Are some Scots really, really, that stupid? Or just lazy?

Possibly just law abiding.

it is perfectly legal to shoot a beaver outside of the Knapdale population which are protected as officalially released, but it is illegal to handle a dead 1.
So doing the 3 S's would make sense u would be breaking the law by handling it.

Who said it was a Scot

i agree, not the best way to handle this but what else are people to do? Scot Gov are sitting on their hands with this. If it's not sorted at Gov level soon, more of this will happen....

clearly the Minister will have to decide on their status,
like fur bearing game, (or vermin?)
close seasons, methods of control etc.( I suggest March to September.)

The main issue of the report was emotive as usual,
poor furry beavers, orphaned kits, killing pregnant females etc.

yes another bandwagon for the antis to jump on

.........perhaps if beaver hats became fashionable.
...Beavers are edible.... Beaver tail is supposed to be a delicacy.?:drool:

but probably, wait and see...make no hasty decisions
delay another three years

why all the fuss?
how many pregnant foxes, rabbits or muntjac get shot every year?

the beaver are not protected, no close season exists, no crime has been committed by either the person doing the shooting (outside of the protection habitat) or the person sending in the body for further investigation.
The scheme is being run in part by the zoo so returning "their" beaver to them seems logical to me.

another non-story by the BBC IMO!

all this talk of beaver is making me hungry!

Wait to the wolves are put down on the ground, and the others the S.N.P want to turn loose in Scotland. SCOTTISH ZOO COMES TO MIND in Edindburgh and the rest of scotland

Wait to the wolves are put down on the ground, and the others the S.N.P want to turn loose in Scotland. SCOTTISH ZOO COMES TO MIND in Edindburgh and the rest of scotland

Be ok that, we can just build the wall again and throw food over it now and then. When you get over run we'll stand on the wall and cull a few :D

It's the economic migrants from Engerland that needs culled back but then again we do need pantie-waisted rubber handed old folk to staff the B&Q stores...

Mitigation? Non-lethal? Anyone speaking those words and "beaver" in the same sentence is an idiot. Napalm and mines are more in line. Coming from a land with excess beavers, and seeing all the damage they cause I would think no form of control too extreme.

might as well introduce plague carrying fleas and rats.

Back