Owen White RIP

Think most folk would agree that cancer & the folk it has taken in January seems to have been regular news :(

Some of the older members on here may have known of Owen White from Crawford Village, nr Upholland - last night at 12:50 Owen finally gave up his fight with cancer, just managing to hold on to see his lads who returned from OZ a few hours earlier.

Nearly 25yrs ago a chance meeting with Owen got me into stalking & now leaves 25yrs of memories roaming Scottish hills, forests and the plains of Africa.

Our thoughts are with his family & hope deer are plenty where ever he has gone.

RIP Owen

Rob & Jess

yes a very sad loss indeed I knew Owen very well and a lot of good times had with him on various boar hunts, RIP Owen, and we will have a dram for you in Poland in November, our thoughts are with the family and you will be missed by us. David Dawn Brodie & David jnr

Think most folk would agree that cancer & the folk it has taken in January seems to have been regular news :(

Some of the older members on here may have known of Owen White from Crawford Village, nr Upholland - last night at 12:50 Owen finally gave up his fight with cancer, just managing to hold on to see his lads who returned from OZ a few hours earlier.

Nearly 25yrs ago a chance meeting with Owen got me into stalking & now leaves 25yrs of memories roaming Scottish hills, forests and the plains of Africa.

Our thoughts are with his family & hope deer are plenty where ever he has gone.

RIP Owen

Rob & Jess

Did my Level 2's with Owen last spring. Totally shocked and gutted to hear this as he had only just lost his wife to cancer. :cry:

Like Rob ive hunted with Owen for more than 25 years, more of a twisted auld bugger you will never have met, but he was my favorite twisted auld bugger and i will miss him, especially on our boar hunt in November as he was one of The Team.

Good memories

Laurie

It does indeed seem to be an endless stream of people we are loosing at the moment, to the awful disease cancer. I am so sorry to hear of your friends passing, my sincere condolences to you his friends and all his family. A nice thought to know that his sons returned in time to share the last moments with him.

Many thanks for your comments - I have made Owen's sons aware of the forum and the respectful thoughts made.

For anyone wishing to attend Owen's "send off" it will be on Friday 12th Feb at the crematorium Rainford Rd, St Helens WA10 6DF - 3pm start

Regards

Rob & Jess

Back