ttsx load data

arron

Hi lads , I am switching over to ttsx in my 25 06 , not being a wizard on the Internet and it not being in my reloading manual I am seeking advise on SD , does any one have a recipe for the above , currently using n160 and rl19 , also can I go off the bullet weight and use that info, ie would a 100 g gameking be the same powder weight as 100 g ttsx for example ( I think not due to size difference ) , thanks for reading , regards Arron

Heard a shed load about these barnes TTSX are they only available for homeload or do they come on factory ammo too? I'm new to ammo/ballistics so please excuse my ignorance.

Dom

Hi lads , I am switching over to ttsx in my 25 06 , not being a wizard on the Internet and it not being in my reloading manual I am seeking advise on SD , does any one have a recipe for the above , currently using n160 and rl19 , also can I go off the bullet weight and use that info, ie would a 100 g gameking be the same powder weight as 100 g ttsx for example

you are going to have to work up and find the sweet spot for your rifle anyway but I would expect to be driving them a little harder
they certainly are in .270

Heard a shed load about these barnes TTSX are they only available for homeload or do they come on factory ammo too? I'm new to ammo/ballistics so please excuse my ignorance.

yes they can be found in factory ammo...but they are fiercely expensive and hard to find IMO
I have some leftover Sako factory ammo that was a gift which has Barnes TSX
Barnes market them as Vor- TX

Switched to these end of last year. Terminal performance is excellent. Use a bullet weight 20% lower than you normally would and drive them as fast as you can. Make sure you load them 60 to 80 thou off the lands. I have found them to be exceptionally accurate.

Sorry, can't help with load data, don't have a 25-06

Hi lads , I am switching over to ttsx in my 25 06 , not being a wizard on the Internet and it not being in my reloading manual I am seeking advise on SD , does any one have a recipe for the above , currently using n160 and rl19 , also can I go off the bullet weight and use that info, ie would a 100 g gameking be the same powder weight as 100 g ttsx for example ( I think not due to size difference ) , thanks for reading , regards Arron

Here's the Barnes data, Arron

http://barnesbullets.com/files/2014/11/25-06Remington.pdf

I would think that N160 may be slightly fast for your 25-06. Maybe better off with N165 or the other recommended powders above.

Takbok , that's exactly what I needed , thanks for the input guys , many thanks Arron

still loading them at the moment but around 3200+fps at the levels I am looking at around 59-60gr

only playing with them as I have 400 of the bloody things!

Back