Available: White lion hunt

Sorry but I wouldn't shoot that if you paid me £9,500. Why does that magnificent animal need to be shot?
I don't mean to heckle your post, but I just don't get it?
Is it part of a cull plan or just a means to generate revenue?
Please help me to understand this.
MS:confused:

MS

No worries, these white lions and normal lions are all captive bred, they are the main supply to zoo's over the world. If a male like this boy which is propably around 8 years old, have done his part in the breeding program he must be taken out to make space for new blood. Now if there is no zoo that want to take them they are put up for hunting!
Breeding programs is what help the species survive, with USWF closing lion imports it is just another sign that our wild lion populations is under thread. Every lion that gets hunted from a captive bred program ( hunting is in a minimum of 2500 acre) there is a significant amount going to the wild lion conservation fund for recearch!!

That is why they get hunted. If we are not allowed to hunt them they would be pit down in the area they were breeding in? Which make more sence?

@ Guinea fowl, i can see you are againt this so why dont you help me find a buyer who is willing to pay the permit, transport and all other cost associated in relocating the lion to a different country? You will be looking at around £40k

Then i will gladly assist you in relocating animals like this!!
At the moment huntimg is the easiest option at this stage

All the best

Greener Jim

I would also never conduct a canned hunt (where the animal is in a 5/6 acre camp and you shoot it in there), these lions are released 4 days before the hunt onto the property where the hunt is conducted. In my opinion i would say it makes them more dangerous because they are familiar with humans. A wild lion's first intention will be to run away when they, hear or smell human. These lions are a bit more tolerated to humans but every cat differ. We had a female lion running every time she spotted us until she had enough and turned around to fight (this specific lion was not wounded it was while we were still tracking) other lions will lay under a bush and just watch you.

The hunt is very exciting, what we do in the mornings we drive the roads and search for their tracks in the sand. As soon as we get a fresh track we start tracking on foot. The last lion we did we tracked the first day with out getting him as there was a female in there as well and he was going after her. On the second day we picked up the tracks again and after a 4 hr stalk we managed to get within shooting distance.

Every hunt is different and it is to me a very exciting hunt, i would rather do the hard miles tracking than sit in a blind over bait to shoot a wild lion. But again as i mentioned previously, opinions differ and not everybody agree on the same stuff. The hunting of captive bred lion is unfortunately the easiest and cheapest option for a lot of hunters who want to have a lion or lioness trophy in their house.

I hope this could shed some light on the methods and type of hunting used. I am more than willing to share opinions and thoughts if you would like more info.

All the best from a warm South Africa

I'm against canned hunts like every true hunter.

As am I, yet I also see plenty who will then quite happily fish for huge, artificially enlarged, trout in stocked stillwater fisheries and not see the hypocrisy of it. Figure that one out!

There are an awful lot of high horses out there.

Thank you Gerrit. One day I'll hunt lion(ess) and having a PH like you who is open and honest is a great help to me and the forum in general.
I would still rather a truely wild lion(ess) but cost is very much a consideration so can see why people go for this kind of hunt.

As am I, yet I also see plenty who will then quite happily fish for huge, artificially enlarged, trout in stocked stillwater fisheries and not see the hypocrisy of it. Figure that one out!

There are an awful lot of high horses out there.

...or happily shoot on deer estates.

Thank you Gerrit. One day I'll hunt lion(ess) and having a PH like you who is open and honest is a great help to me and the forum in general.
I would still rather a truely wild lion(ess) but cost is very much a consideration so can see why people go for this kind of hunt.

...or happily shoot on deer estates.

Jim
When ever you start looking at lion please do contact me, i have an area borderimg botswana where we can do wild lion as well!!

all the best

Thank you to Bos en Dal Safaris
For the frank & open explanation around this & captive bred .

A honest & open description .... From that you can make your on decision and get on with it.

Better than unscrupulous scum trying to make a fast buck by providing a doped lion released day before in a small space and pretend you just happened upon it .

👍👍👍

Paul

I found that an interesting read, you never stop learning.
Buff for me though. One day.....

What a great offer, well done Gerrit.
Thanks Steve

Thank you to Bos en Dal Safaris
For the frank & open explanation around this & captive bred .

A honest & open description .... From that you can make your on decision and get on with it.

Better than unscrupulous scum trying to make a fast buck by providing a doped lion released day before in a small space and pretend you just happened upon it .

👍👍👍

Paul

Paul, i believe honesty goes a long way and that is how i conduct business as well!! By the way the first hunt with Bos en Dal is a bussiness deal, there after we become friends!!

I found that an interesting read, you never stop learning.
Buff for me though. One day.....

Nick

now is a good time, some great deals on Buff with the current exchange rate in your favour!! I mean you got 24 to 1... Let me know when you want me to put something together for you? There is always a plan to be made

All the best to you all

Back