CCI 200 Large rifle proimers !

User00014

morning all ,

is it just me or is everyone else having problems getting cci primers ?:eek:

i ordered 1000, 6 weeks ago from my regular gun smith and apparently GMK are being complete planks !:(
im down to my last 20 ish but i do have 60 or so rounds loaded up ready to go so im not really paniking yet !

does anyone know , by any chance where the are any in norfolk ??

cheers lee

Hi Lee,
Been trying to find them here in sunny Dorset but to no avail!

Need some for my chap to load my 270's usual fodder up!

Lee, I have 900 sitting in front of me. I don't really want to get rid of them as they cost nothing to feed but if you get desperate let me know and I will lend you a couple of hundred. Not a million miles from you. JC

I've got about 1700 if you want some mate.;) I may be up at Attleborough this weekend and will drop some in if I can.
MS:)

Nice to see people stepping in to help, but why the insistence on CCI? I used to use either CCI or Winchester LR primers, but when I realised I could get Sellier & Bellot, PPU and some Russian brand I don't know the name of cheaper and with no discernable difference in performance I switched in an instant. That said though, whatever brand I buy I now try to buy as many as I can afford at one time.

Primer selection is important in load development. I have worked up a good load with Primer X, ran out and switched to Primer Y, and saw accuracy tank. The loads can usually be reworked for the new primers... usually just in time for the favored primer to show up again!

As to Primers. I once posted here that you all should stock up as primer shortages are big in the US. I live 400 miles (a Montana stretch of the legs) from CCI's primer plant and I can't get 200's right now. I think the component shortages are catching up to you on that side of the Big Pond.~Muir

I couldn't find any anywhere in my area, Hannams hadn't got any either, so i am now using Federal Match.

ft

I've got about 1700 if you want some mate.;) I may be up at Attleborough this weekend and will drop some in if I can.
MS:)

thanks lads and for the kind offers !

a mate is shooting at bisley next week , and is picking me up 2000 at the trade fair they have got going on !
wont bloody well run short again !

cheers lee

Nice to see people stepping in to help, but why the insistence on CCI? I used to use either CCI or Winchester LR primers, but when I realised I could get Sellier & Bellot, PPU and some Russian brand I don't know the name of cheaper and with no discernable difference in performance I switched in an instant. That said though, whatever brand I buy I now try to buy as many as I can afford at one time.

harry ,

i was using remmington 9 1/2 's in my 6.5x55 rounds but they were an absolute bugger to seat , i really had to jam them in !
which i didint like the idea of !

your in norfolk harry where if you dont minnd me asking , you getting your primers ?

atvb lee

Due to a wee war in the east the American manufacturers put major effort into supplying military contracts. Then they had a domestic primer shortage scare so the Americans began stockpilling supplies and even selling on primers at a premium. On some American forums hunters were claiming to have bought out entire stores shipments even though their usage was minimal. We are now feeling the knock-on effect. It will sort itself out soon.

Back