Travel channel - Life below zero

devon deer stalker

Hi All,

I have been watching this the past week or so, on at 10.00pm.
Shows trapping/hunting/subsistence living in Alaska.
Not a bad way of life, but tough, i think i could deal with the cold, but not days without any sunlight at all.

Cheers

Richard

ive watched this its good, The travel channel is a great channel, its like all the discovery channels in one channel,

I only found it on free veiw a couple of weeks back

KJF

Hi.
I too have come across this programme. Really enjoying it. I only have freeview tv so have to wait for things like this to come around.

Yorkie.

It was pretty good tonight, shooting bear, muskrat, beaver and some guy defrosted a caribou head and ate it, yum, yum!
Not sure i could cope with the solitude though.
Cheers
Richard

We have been watching this series of programs with great interest, even though we agreed that sort of life would not suit us as we are not fans of living in freezing cold conditions or the solitude involved in that sort of lifestyle. It must take a really special type of person/family to live that sort of life!
The way that the complete family went fishing for pike on last nights program was brilliant and the daughters birthday presents were all very "practical" (A new fishing net, traps etc) What a great way to bring up and educate your children!
Well worth watching!

They are starting a repeat run of series 2 tonight on travel channel. Some nice hunting and shooting for those that have not seen it.

Yorkie.

Just to add if you get the chance watch the Kilcher family alaska,s last frontier ,,,its great the first seasons just finished,and also ice lake rebels another cold one,oooh! the one where jane atz lee,s wife gets scoped with a 30,06,and knocks her on her arse!! but you want to see her catching thirty pound turbot!!,

Been watching this as well! Quiet interesting. Annoys the life out me watching them trying to shoot tho!! Wish they would all get themselves a set of shooting sticks!!! Haha

Life below zero is shown here. Enjoy the program but really want a bear to eat the F###ing woman who live up in the north of Alaska just to stop her talking so much tripe.

I'm looking forward to the episode where Sue from Kavik Camp finally gets eaten by a bear and I no longer have to listen to her wittering on about bloody predators around her perimeter.

Mad Sue and her woman-eating wolverine fixation aside, the current series, which hasn't reached Travel Channel yet, is great - Andy Bassich (the guy with serious anger management issues) gets dumped by his screechy wife and suddenly stops being angry; Erik Salitan, the boring and depressed trapper, finds himself a wife from somewhere and she turns out to be handier than Ray Mears, Glenn Villeneuve manages to get through an entire episode without getting naked and Agnes Hailstone remains the coolest native American woman on the planet - she'd be a hunting machine if only someone bought her a rifle and scope slightly less than 80 years old!

Back