Best shop to buy a bow

Deutsch - Drahthaar

Advice please.

I bought my 10 year old daughter a cheap bow from Uttings for Christmas because she was a fan of Catniss Everdeen from the Hunger Games. Now she's hooked and surprisingly very good with it, so I would like to take her to a retailer and buy a more competitive bow and get some advice on what's available.

Can anyone recommend a good bow shop ideally near to Nottinghamshire that caters for juniors. I might even treat myself and join in with the fun.

Thanks in advance.

DS

I've a take-down recurve bow with border carbon limbs if interested. Sight, poker, balancing weights, selection of arrows, box etc. PM me if interested - suit adult more than a child though. Samwha bows used to be the ideal starter take downs.
Jim

I've a take-down recurve bow with border carbon limbs if interested. Sight, poker, balancing weights, selection of arrows, box etc. PM me if interested - suit adult more than a child though. Samwha bows used to be the ideal starter take downs.
Jim

Thanks for the offer JockStalk but if I was to buy one for myself it would be a compound bow. I borrowed a friends for a while a few years ago and was amazed with the accuracy. Steve, my mate went to Canada with it and shot bear.

Its advice from a retailer I'm after ideally and I suppose the obvious place is what Singing Stalker recommends but I just fancied a trip out to a well equipped shop to have a look around really. I have a big enough garden for what me and my daughter needs so I don't intend joining a club.

DS

Like shooting a club is an ideal place to not only find out the best place to get equipment but to actually try out stuff and see what suits best. There is a club near here that has a very active youth programme I understand and The Lincolnshire Shooting Centre also does archery so Archery is more popular now than many think.

Quicks have been selling good archery kit for many years

Shops - Quicks Archery

They were never cheap but stock full balanced packages matched to the archer, the chosen discipline, their ability, age, size, strength & pocket depth.

Much cheaper to buy in America but you need to know all the relavent specs.

Ian

I can second using quicks- they even deliver to myself when in Southern Africa! Good choice of equipment, not always the cheapest but I found them helpful.

Merlin Archery Loughborough (if in South Notts.)

Kg Archery Walesby if in N Notts.

Dont spend too much money just get a light bow
starter kit with a few arrows...not too heavy..... 20 lbs.
have some safe fun

then research and decide what she wants to do..

Ive been into archery, and have used a bow to hunt and competed in field archery events. Wales archery are very informed as are merlin archery. Bowsports are also good.

Back