Stalking boots- -what next pair would you buy?

steyr

hi to all, i currently have a pair of hunter lace ups Ive had for five years,and are now in need of replacing! i don't know if i should stick with hunter or try another brand,the thing is i cant find them in my local shops anymore.so i was wondering what boot would you recommend for stalking,and wont fall apart in a few months!! advice gratefully accepted.

I second Splash, Mendle.

I bought a pair of Mendle's last year and they're superb. Comfy, hard wearing, waterproof and let the feet breath. Have done a lot of walking in them and never had a blister or any discomfort. Highly recommended.

Meindl Douvre Extreme

ft

Edit; I have been thinking about this. Lundhags now offer a three year guarantee on their boots, so i am going to change my mind and say Lundhags.

Last edited:
For mincing around in fields a few miles from the car, especially where the tractors been churning up the ground, you can't beat wellies. For hill wear, I am a massive fan of Altberg boots. They do a range varying in stiffness, weight, goretex and non goretex etc, so you should be able to find something to suit you, and if you can get to their factory in Yorkshire they'll do you a custom fitted pair for around £200. They also repair and resole their boots if you start to wear them out as time goes by.

Lundhags for me i'll never have a pair of rot from the inside out gortex lined boots again and the crap they tell you to treat them with so they remain breathable is a waste of space as well as far as i'm concerned,i'd bet they'd last twice as long with a good dosing of neatsfoot oil,JMHO.

danner. I got them from the USA after some of the guys I work with recommend them, I believe that a lot of the forces are using them. try a quick web search http://www.danner.com I really think they are great value.

Have used Lundhags for all sorts of outdoor activities for nigh on twenty years now, bloody brilliant.

However, for stalking day in, day out in the worst of weather on the worst of ground, with no worries and perfect comfort, throw in the back of the car, cover them in blood mud and shite with no cleaning, for a bargain price that means you can replace them when they're worn out - Viking dry boots every time!

Last edited:
Hi Guys,
I use Lundhags for the Hill and either Viking Dry Boots or Le Chameau Wellies for the low ground.

Still got a pair on Le chameau Mouflon Plus i bought for the hill and confined to cupboard after very short time, Grip was terrible.

Dalkur

Back