New .270 moderator choices

bijssg

in the market for a new .270 over barrel moderator any info and recommendations welcome,
cheers

I have a Wildcat pred 8 on my 270 very happy with it . But I have not tried any others so I cannot compare.
Tusker

I have one of the newer lighter and shorter T8's, already have an older one on my 243, but really like this on my 270...;)

I have a Hausken on a 7mm. which isn't a million miles away from a 270. Seems light and pretty good.

David.

Try the hauskin. It's the best mod I've used takes out alot of the recoil. Very lightweight and the best sound reduction

Ear plugs.

Cheap. No need to get a variation to replace them. No noticable effect on the balance or zero of your rifle. No problems with rust on crown. Easily switched between different rifles (and even used on your shotgun).

I have to agree in some ways Mungo, less hassle and expense. The downside of course is that you get an offer for some stalking and it is a condition that you use a moderator. I know there is the estate rifle clause but the rifle isn't always available and if it isn't on your ticket you have to be "supervised" which may also be a problem at the time.

Best wishes,

David.

If you want a very light mod' that reduces noise to an OK level, manages felt recoil and doesn't upset the balance of the rifle, look at a DPT mod'.

If you want maximum noise suppression and recoil reduction but can live with a rifle fitted with a heavier moderator so it constantly slips on the shoulder when slung, I'd go for an Aimsonic mod' with extended expansion chamber.

Just got a Schultz & Larsen for a 6.5. very good for about £200. much smaller / lighter than a wildcat P8

I put Lawrence precision mod on my 270 and it has been brilliant- expensive but light ,indestructible and good sound suppression and it has improved felt recoil and mussel flip Plus a first class bit of British engineering.

I put Lawrence precision mod on my 270 and it has been brilliant- expensive but light ,indestructible and good sound suppression and it has improved felt recoil and mussel flip Plus a first class bit of British engineering.
My mate purchase a Lawrence Persision mod for his 308 it's nothing but an obese thead protector (a proper piece of s**t) but each to their own.

My mate purchase a Lawrence Persision mod for his 308 it's nothing but an obese thead protector (a proper piece of s**t) but each to their own.

Is there a perticuler reason that you feel it's so bad as that statement doesn't help anyone

i personally have a Lawrence Precision aurora on a 6.5 that I've had for about 4 years and I find its a very light circa 300 grammes and well made mod , it also makes my 6.5 quiet enough to be comfortable to the ear it'll probably last a lifetime aswell

I don't really no what else you'd want from a mod

Is there a perticuler reason that you feel it's so bad as that statement doesn't help anyone

i personally have a Lawrence Precision aurora on a 6.5 that I've had for about 4 years and I find its a very light circa 300 grammes and well made mod , it also makes my 6.5 quiet enough to be comfortable to the ear it'll probably last a lifetime aswell

I don't really no what else you'd want from a mod

He purchased the neon model which did nothing at all for sound reduction nor did it do anything for recoil reduction. It's nothing more than a good looking bog roll. When he complained he was told he purchased a mod for beginners!!! He couldn't back it as was told it was now used.
Im pleased your happy with yours but my mates is total crap!!!

I have a Laurence neon model aswell my Was the same only fit for a paper weight but to light to do the job :cry::cry: money down the drain

Just got a Schultz & Larsen for a 6.5. very good for about £200. much smaller / lighter than a wildcat P8
How are you finding it? Sourced one for my brother even cheaper than that but we haven't had it out yet. Looks pretty neat and I can't imagine william evans would be selling it with their fancy s&l rifles if it doesn't work.

Back