rav4 owners

drummerboy

Its nearly time to let my old rav 4 retire, ive had endless fun with it for 6 years its a import petrol m reg, its done me well never really had to spend much on it to go through a MOT, nOW THINKING A PICK UP IS JUST TOO EXSPENSIVE TO RUN, iam thinking of going down the route of another rav4 but maybe diesil this time, guys is there any models to steer clear of?
Regards Neil

Wife has a RAV4. Had it for 7 or 8 years. Never missed a beat. It's a 2.2 litre diesel if I remember correctly (I don't drive it very often!). Been a great motor. Not cost me a penny other than a service and MoT each year.

I have a 09 Rav4 2.2 Diesel

45mpg and I have a lead foot. Towing my quad brings it down to 42

as an ex shogun and 3X Jeep owner I didnt think it would be any good off road but I have to say with some decent ATRs on it its been quite impresive.

Love the blue tooth phone system, best I have had including BMW

A Jet sled fits in the back. Two side by side if your so inclined

Its a very good tow car. I have towed about 1.5 ton with no tail wagging issues

Only issue I have is it drinks little oil between anual services and if the oil service light comes on I have to take it to Toyota to get the damed thing to switch off. Changing the oil wont cover it. So check it every couple of months and keep on top of fill levels

Rear seats move backward for extra leg room which is nice but it is a little snug for people in the back. On the upsde the rear seats recline so you can have a nice kip between stalks

On road its Prety good. Handles better than you expect and the 2.2 is powerfull enough for overtaking and pulling out.

Drivers position is comfortable and all the switches except the hazard warning lights are in reasnoble locations.

Some nice hidy holes in the boot and the split box compartments in the front are very handy.

Two power points in the front is also nice

All in all id buy another one.

ATB

We have a 58 plate D4D 2.2.
Its a good motor.
Dont go for the higher 180bhp. They are not very reliable.
We had a head gasket issue with ours. Did a bit of research and found out Toyota had issues with them. Took it to our dealer. New engine required. Toyota paid for exchange engine. They pay for up to 100,00 miles or 7 years. As long as you have a full service history.
Ours was on 96k and 6 1/2 years old. Phew.
Jon

We have a 58 plate D4D 2.2.
Its a good motor.
Dont go for the higher 180bhp. They are not very reliable.
We had a head gasket issue with ours. Did a bit of research and found out Toyota had issues with them. Took it to our dealer. New engine required. Toyota paid for exchange engine. They pay for up to 100,00 miles or 7 years. As long as you have a full service history.
Ours was on 96k and 6 1/2 years old. Phew.
Jon

Dont hear of those kind of stories with a happy ending very often,well done you.

Back