CZ 455 Barrel change

Blackdog

Morning all, I have a .22 CZ 455 and have read on the CZ website and elsewhere that the barrels are easy to change to another Rimfire calibre. I would like to get a .17 HMR barrel as well. has anyone else tried this please? Are barrels easy to get hold of?
Kind regards
Steve

CZ UK sell barrels and looking a the vids etc should be easy to change out

It is however not a change barrel system ie for swapping in and out on a whim on the range like a DTA or AI or Blaser

its an easy to change cal at home instead of a gunsmith job tho people report it holds zero pretty well
more a swap permanently or for a season etc

Thanks for that. I have no plans to change barrels in the field. I have another .22 so thought it would be good to have the option to change to .17 rather than get another rifle.
Regards
Steve

Thanks for that. I have no plans to change barrels in the field. I have another .22 so thought it would be good to have the option to change to .17 rather than get another rifle.
Regards
Steve

yep thats exactly what its meant for :thumb:

Morning all, for anyone who is interested I spoke to Derek Edgar yesterday at the Shooting Show and the barrel change is an easy thing to do. Edgar brothers stock the barrel "mini kits" comprising barrel, a magazine lever and new magazine for around £140. Time to apply for a variation with Essex Police. .17 HMR may be obsolete by the time I hear back.
Regards
Steve

Probably cheaper to buy a new rifle! Have you taken into account the cost of shipping to and from the proof house and the cost of proof?

Probably cheaper to buy a new rifle! Have you taken into account the cost of shipping to and from the proof house and the cost of proof?

Proof? Would you proof any other switch barrel rifle every time you changed it? The barrel can actually be changed very quickly with a slight modification to the stock (two small holes drilled) which allows the barrel to be removed without taking the stock off. If you search you tube you'll also find plenty of videos to show this.

Sorry should have mentioned the barrels are already proofed and screw cut. The only thing I didn't find out was what the thread would be. I assume M14x1 but I may be wrong

That's a shame as I was hoping the moderator from my .22 barrel might fit it, that's a M14. I will get another one.
Thanks again
Steve

Back