Which lightforce ??

Cupar

Hi all,

looking to put a lightforce in the roof of my hilux, considering HID!

Any thoughts recommendations appreciated.

cheers

HID is OK if you have the light on all the time.
HIDs take a wee while to come up to full brightness and switching them on and off really shortens the life of the bulb.

Cheers

Bruce

Thanks for your feedback Bruce. Interesting as that's what I was looking at. Do you know much about Led? Obviously it won't have the overheating issues?
Cheers, Neil

I would be interested in what roof mounted LED lights are available too or can you get a LED conversion for a lightforce lamp

I have had normal lightforce and now have HID 170 with 70w bulb. If I had to get another light it would be HID again. They do take a few seconds to get to full brightness but it is only seconds and even when they are warming up they are still quite bright

I have an old type lamp but I have used HID and there is a big difference. I have been pondering an HID lamp for a while. Does anyone know who stocks them and a rough price.

I have an old type lamp but I have used HID and there is a big difference. I have been pondering an HID lamp for a while. Does anyone know who stocks them and a rough price.

uttings stock a 170 hid handheld at around £188.

i have been using the normal 170 for years and I fine tune them with trying various lamps and adjusting the focus until I get the beam shape I like,

great lamps by getting hard to find them in the uk since the deban rubbish lamps have tried to steel the market from light force.

bob.

Hi all,

looking to put a lightforce in the roof of my hilux, considering HID!

Any thoughts recommendations appreciated.

cheers

If you do get a standard Lightforce lamp change the bulb for one with an inline filament it makes for a much improved tighter beam.

ATB WB

Back