Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Moderator Cover

Moderator Cover

My T8 moderator looks like a baseball bat with the 5mm thick neoprene cover on it so I'm thinking of changing it for something thinner. Tried putting a bicycle inner tube on it but try as I might the thing refused to go on and can't source anything with a bigger diameter. I see some people use shrink wrap tubing - what type? thickness etc. And does it work?

All suggestions considered.

Shrink wrap tubing traps water, not good on a T8. Much better sticking to a neoprene cover

Jack Pyke double barrel shotgun cover 2-3mm neoprene should stretch you will need ot sew the join where you cut it or it unravels obviously wont take high rates of fire and high temps

Camo no mark tape, about 4-5 wraps round sticking to its self about 1mm thick maximum and can be removed and re used a good few times

As I have posted many times if you know a horse owner get some vet wrap. Its really cheap easy to replace. I work with horses so I have easy access . Just wrap it round and bobs your uncle.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20160212_213407.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	508.1 KB 
ID:	66560sniper tape! amazon or fleabay.

Get a different bicycle tube
    have them on both my pes t12's

they are actually quieter now too

old fleece throw, cut out rectangle, get wife to sew up into a tight fit tube.

Tubigrip, but you'll need to dye it first, or shoot in the snow. Or cut the foot off an old army sock and use the ankle part

Self amalgamating tape (Screwfix and other providers) may be worth considering as will seal itself to prevent water ingress under it.
    I have used some on my stalking sticks to good effect and experience. Inner-tube used previously has been affected by UV and not lasted well.