Jagd & Hund the German Game Fair, just in case your interested for 2017?

Well I’ve just had my first trip to Jagd & Hund the German Game Fair and thought Id give a little run down on the costs / logistics etc for those that have thought about going but haven’t gone for it yet. So if you’re thinking of going next year it may help or be of interest:
Me and a mate planned the trip quite a while back and booked the flight and hotel in good time. We flew from Stansted with Ryanair on the Monday, direct to Dortmund. We booked the Ibis City Hotel Monday and Tuesday night and returned home on the Wednesday. This gave us all day Tuesday and Wednesday morning at the show.

The show its self was absolutely fantastic and is all indoors and undercover, the exhibition centre is massive comprising of eight large halls. There were two halls devoted to fishing and one to Dogs the others were all hunting related. I don’t think there was one stall selling tatt it was all quality stuff, even the “fast food” was of good quality and reasonably priced. I’m absolutely converted and can’t see me wasting time and money on the fairs back at home again...

Getting around Dortmund was a doddle. We stumbled on the underground / train by accident it was only a five minute walk from the hotel to the nearest station. We jumped on and went into the town centre to have a beer or two and get something to eat. We noticed on the map that there was a station at the exhibition centre so that was the plan hatched for the next morning. Using the underground to get to the show it was approximately 1/2 hr door to door.

So a run down of costs for the trip:
Flight - £57.40 return
Taxi – (Airport to Hotel was approximately 25 euro's) 50 euro’s
Hotel - £83 for two nights
Show Entry – (14 euro’s a day) 28 euro’s

Total costs excluding food, drink, and spending money = £200.13

All I can say if you’re thinking of going next year do it! We had a great time had a few beers, looked at loads of interesting stuff, picked up some bargains and met some great like mined folk from all around Europe, even bumped into some folk of here...

Hope this helps if your thinking of going in 2017.

WH

Hi White Hart, i was one of the folk off here, it is a spectacular show and one i would recommend to anybody and as White Hart has laid out wont break the bank i have spent more at a day at the Gamefairs here!!!!

Moose

Is this for trade only or can the public buy tickets
im interested in going in 2017
any tips would be welcome
regards

Hi White Hart, i was one of the folk off here, it is a spectacular show and one i would recommend to anybody and as White Hart has laid out wont break the bank i have spent more at a day at the Gamefairs here!!!!

Moose

Moose - good to have bumped into you... I still can't get over those Siberian Roe heads!

Back