Thread: Roe in the Garden

Roe in the Garden

Through the winter there have been a number of Roe making appearances in the garden. They've been coming in groups of 4-5. They seem quite comfortable and are even happy to come right up to the house as these 2 did...Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Roe in the Garden.jpg 
Views:	184 
Size:	322.2 KB 
ID:	66593

So the stalk consisted of leaning out of the bedroom window in your pjs?

You need to plant more roses for them. There not that keen on the modern hybrid types though.

The fallow come up in the evening and take all the roses!

I have had a couple of roe bucks out of the garden.

A mum and two followers used to come by just around 4:15 every day and Mum would saunter over the electric Duck run fence to check out and have a mouthful of whatever we had been feeding the teatime was 4.

I have just come in from tracking a Roe who is coming by once a day, I think it is after dark, but haven't seen it yet.

I wish they would take all the roses, hate the flipping things. They do seem partial to Swiss Chard....

Down in Devon last weekend and watched buck and doe out of bedroom window,had CF at hand but not allowed to shoot the pet roe!!!

Never mind but it is great just to watch them.

There is a guy down Axminster way, who has GSR on his counterpane/quilts,
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

My late mother-in-law had a prize winning collection of snowdrops and colchicums (look like crocuses but are not bulbs and come out in the Autumn). Needless to say the local Muntjac got into the walled garden. He was somewhat forgiven when he was served for sunday lunch!