Latex gloves?

FrenchieBoy

I didn't realise how low I was getting on latex gloves till I went to replace the ones I used for a roe doe Saturday from my game bag. (I always carry a few pairs in my game bag for carrying foxes, setting traps and gralloching deer etc)
I now need to buy some more but I want to get some descent quality ones.
Can anyone suggest a supplier of Good Quality Latex Gloves (Not the cheap "pound shop" type that split as soon as you put them on) at "reasonable" prices please?

Thanks for the help guys!
I think I'll give the Bodyguard Gloves a try from Amazon.
Your help is (As always) much appreciated!:tiphat:

try B+Q i got some on friday at the bury store,the gloves come in different sizes
on the box is a measure to check your size, there strong and powder free but the best
thing is only £3 a box of 100 cheers ken

Pete, I've got a box full,

pm your address and I'll post you a load if you want,

kjf

Pete, I've got a box full,

pm your address and I'll post you a load if you want,

kjf

That's a very generous offer my friend. Many thanks but TH4 has already contacted me and very kindly offered to send me some spare ones that he has.
Once again "The Stalking Directory" at it's best!

Why would anyone use nitrile gloves?

Latex is perfectly strong enough for one use - leave on site and they're gone in two months.

Do you take them home and wash them? (the nitriles)

Latex is perfectly strong enough for one use - leave on site and they're gone in two months.

A: cant find decent latex gauntlets

B: latex just splits all the time

You could reuse the Nitrel gloves. I dont bother but I supose you could if you can be arsed to wash them but at 58p per graloch I cant be arsed

ATB

Some people are allergic to latex and contact can trigger anaphylactic shock; for those people, nitrile is a viable alternative for gloves.

I get Nitrile ones from dentice pal ,a plus is they have fingertip ribs and are very good they don't rip when your trying to put them on with wet hands I also have yellow hazmat rubbish small bags to sick them in and bin at home I pay £4 a box for the gloves and £1 roll for the bags.

Last edited:
Febra milking gloves are about the hardest wearing we've found. We started using them at work (engineering) as they were all I could find locally one day and they've been the about the best I've seen. Lots of size and length choices too.

Just to give an example febra Milking Gloves although I've not bought from these people.

A: cant find decent latex gauntlets

B: latex just splits all the time

You could reuse the Nitrel gloves. I dont bother but I supose you could if you can be arsed to wash them but at 58p per graloch I cant be arsed

ATB

Go to an industrial supplier - latex gloves are about £6 per hundred.

Get the right size - then they won't split. Get several boxes - keep one in the car and one in the larder. Keep a stash in with your gralloching kit. Keep them out of the sun - latex degrades in sunlight - which is the whole point. Nitrile doesn't and will be with us - whether in a landfill or at the gralloch site - for a looong time.

Well we don't use Latex any more in the laboratory/hospital, just blue nitrile. The best thin nitriles are made by "Best" a US company but the main NHS supplier is Bodyguards. We live in nitrile esp when doing molecular testing. Latex very prone to allergies esp if powdered. For deer work other than roe the best nitriles I have seen are the ones used by Mortuary staff, very tear resistant, long cuffed.

Dispo nitrile bodyguards are readily avaialable and cheap, most men will require large of e Large.

D

Back