Thread: Wearing eye protection

Wearing eye protection

Just thought i'd post on here, a close friend lost his eye yesterday from a piece of broken clay.
    i know we should all be wearing eye protection but we don't and unfortunately it takes something like this to make us think.
    Its not something i wish to see happen to someone again.

atb Matt

Really sorry to hear that and for your friend - driven clays and high birds I usually put them on - also if you're at a shoot and the set-up is tight and you feel the bits raining down from other stands now and again it doesn't hurt to put them on. I don't go down the route of 'proper' shooting glasses as I've found that the Uvex wrap arounds that I sometimes use for work give a much better field of view and don't distort or mist.

Good advice and a sad reminder for all us clay shooters - wish him well as he must be devastated
    For Gods sake - don't tell her how much I've spent

So sorry to hear that too.

I have to say that I invested in a pair of Zeiss prescription shooting glasses a few years ago & I've been delighted with them.

They're not just for clay shooters either as ricochets can come from anywhere when rough shooting; I even wear them when when rifle shooting now in case of dust or any tiny fragments blowing back.

Very sad and thanks for posting. All CPSA and most others that change to shoot made it a stipulation years ago as the insurance would cover it otherwise. It was compulsory on the little clay shoot that I helped to run on the Army camp 10 years ago!