Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sauer 202 Select .243 Left handed

Sauer 202 Select .243 Left handed

Hi All

After much deliberation I have decided to put up for sale one of my Sauer 202's as my current assignment in the US has been extended and I want to purchase another rifle over there to enjoy.

As the advert describes its a Sauer 202 select grade left handed in .243. It has a left hand monte carlo stock with palm swell in the grip, a butter knob/swept bolt and blued metal finish.

I'm not sure of the rifles exact age but I purchased it in May 2010 from a South African chap who was migrating back home who had purchased it new from FA Andersons a couple of years earlier. He purchased it with intention of stalking but it never made it out of the gun cabinet so it was unfired/ say one box max I then used it as one of my stalking rifles until the end of 2013 where it has sat in storage since. I have fired no more than 200 rounds max through it.

Condition is good to excellent and as you will see from the picture the stock oils up nicely. I think the only marks or scratches I can recall are on the left hand side gun facing away where the stock rubbed on my loden stalking ruck sack but sure these will steam out no problem.

The rifle comes complete with magazine, allen keys to disassemble, sling swivels, steel sights and Leupold QD mounts and 1" Med rings.

Accuracy wise its shoots a sub 1" 3 shot group with Sako 100grn game head factory ammo.

The rifle and barrel were cleaned before being stored with my father who is an RFD located in South Oxfordshire where you are welcome to view it by appointment.

Price wise I am looking for 1100 GBP (which I am hoping is fair as Garlands is currently looking for 2400 GBP for a new one).

I will get some more pictures taken over the next week.

In the mean time please PM me if you are interested.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Sauer 202 .243 cropped.jpg  
    Last edited by JasonH; 24-08-2016 at 03:44.

I wish I had the money for it, would love to own one.

Lovely rifle I have two 1 in .270 and the other .223 would you consider selling the Apel mounts separately. I presume they are swing off if so could you send picture as I am trying to match up with pair I already have.
    Regards Glen

Hi Glen yes. They are apel swing offs. If the rifle sells then yes I would consider selling them.

That's great thanks let me know all the best

BTTT - Price reduced would like to find a home for this Rifle as I just purchased another 202 and perhaps owning 3 is a little greedy.

A great rifle, and at a very good price. Unfortunately I already have a Sauer 202 XT L/H in .243.

Good luck with the sale.

I am looking for the same lh rifle but in 308 or 30-06 with a slots for both calibre .I missed one,in 308 at Holts last sale .
    "a man does good business when he rids himself of a turd"

Quote Originally Posted by reiver View Post
    I am looking for the same lh rifle but in 308 or 30-06 with a slots for both calibre .I missed one,in 308 at Holts last sale .
    I have both plus a 6.5 x 55 additional barrel but sadly for you not for sale as they suit my immediate needs However tThe .243 is perfect for the UK I've shot everything with this one.